20. The Rostelecom Cup

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.

I awake from a hand rubbing my back and open my eyes to be met with his ocean blue. Not a bad way to wake up.

"Good morning little star" He says and I can't help but smile.

"Good morning" I rub my eyes and put my head back on his chest, extending the moment. I don't want to get up at all.

"I guess we need to get ready for the short program don't we?" I ask and he nods, a sad expression on his face.

"I promise I will show you Moscow tonight!" He bends in to kiss me and I lean into him. His hole presence sets my soul on fire.

"I am taking a quick shower" he stands up from the bed "want to join me?" he wiggles his brows and my face heats up. I throw a pillow at his head and smiling he walks into the bathroom.

I quickly dress in a simple skinny jeans and sweater and wait for Victor to finish. When he gets out he is wrapped in a towel and my cheeks once again turn a dark crimson shade.

"Doesn't he own a shirt" I mutter to myself and try to avert my gaze. I can see his muscular chest and the smirk on his face and I swear that I could possible combust into flames at the mere sight of him.

"I am quickly heading back to my room to get dressed, see you downstairs" he asks and I nod, not being able to utter a full sentence.

I head downstairs and once Yuri joins us and Victor is fully clothed we head to the rink. Once we get there Yuri puts on his skates and starts to warm up. I see that the Russian Yuri is also there and some other skates.

When I look at the female list I spot some familiar names, but to my delight Celeste won't be here.

After the warming up the short program starts and no one really surprising me, they are all good, but they lack a spark. Yuri is pretty steady and I am even prouder once I see that he nails his Quadruple Toe Loop, Triple Toe Loop combination.

I have to say that this short program is way better than during the Cup of China, when it comes to his technique, but Yuri is thinking too much. I can see it on the frown on his face.

When Yuri is done I can see the pride in Victor's eyes and I smile because of it. He gets of the ice and takes a seat next to his coach waiting for the result.

After Yuri gets of the ice, it is the Russian Yuri's turn. He clearly chose to portray something feminine and I admire him for it. Yuri's score is pretty solid and after I congratulate him on his flawless short program I focus on Yurio.

One of the first jumps he makes fails and he lands on the cold hard ice, but he quickly gets back up again to continue his short program.

The way he moves is really interesting. To say he is inspiring would be an understatement, I think he could get really far if he drops the attitude and focuses on training. His technique could improve, but for being 15 he has great potential.

JJ is the last to skate the short program and I have to say I utterly dislike his skating. He is way too confident and proud, but he has the technique and the fans apparently. The Canadian skater comes in first just 4 points higher than Yuri.

"I think he really has a good foundation for his free program of tomorrow" I tell Victor as we wait for Yuri to get his stuff.

"You are probably right, so far only Chris and Otabek have qualified for the Grand Prix and there are still four more to be added"

"We will make sure that he is one of them" I ensure him

Yuri walks out with his phone in hand, his face serious and tears brimming his eyes.

"Yuri what's wrong?" I ask him and make my way to him. He isn't answering and I can hear Victor following me. "Yuri, answer me! What is going on?"

"It's Makkachin, he is sick"

"What?" Victor and I say at the exact same time.

"I...I don't know, my mum just called"

I look at Victor and can't believe that this is happening now. We can't lose Makkachin, even though I am a cat person Makkachin is special. He has been with us through everything, he's been with Victor through everything.

"You have to go" Yuri says, completely determined.

"But what about you? I am your coach I can't just leave"

"Victor Makkachin is way more important than my skating career" Yuri is trying to convince him, but I can see him contemplating. I can see that he really wants to leave and be with Makkachin.

I can't even imagine how it must feel to be in this situation. When I lost my parents I was there and I know that being with them and being able to say goodbye was a blessing in disguise even if I didn't see it that way back then.

But now that we have no idea what is happening to Makkachin, whether Victor will see him again, alive that is, is even worse. I look at him and know that he has to go, he has to be with Makkachin.

"Victor listen to me" I put both my hands on his shoulder and he lowers his eyes to mine. "You have to go to Makkachin there is nothing more important than being with those you love. Makkachin needs you right now, more than anyone here combined. I know that if it was the other way around you would tell us to leave just as much. We" I point to Yuri and I "know exactly what it is like to lose the ones we love and especially Yuri knows what it's like not to be there when you lose them!"

I look at him and I see his gaze shift, he has made up his mind.

"You're right Em" he says and both Yuri and I smile sympathetically "but what about you two?"

"We'll be fine"

"Ember is right, besides I don't need a coach I never listen anyway" Yuri smirks and pats Victor on the back.

"Wait a minute" Victor's face changes and I can see that he is thinking of something and he looks from Yuri to me. Yuri seems to catch on, but I don't.

"What?" I raise my brows

"Em, you will coach Yuri"

Second chapter of today thanks to Manamanannie who insisted I update so thank her. Also go check out her story, she started a The Flash one where she introduces a very handsome fellow with wings! It is totally worth it! 

xx