29. Silver Lining

29. Silver Lining

A lot of people miss the silver lining, because they are waiting for gold.

For a long while Yuko and I stay there, we decide to skate a little and by the end of the day we have laughed so hard everything hurt. She had asked a couple of question and that was that. My past was my past and now that she knew that was enough.

I safely put my skates in the locker and head to the exit. Yuko locked up behind us and we head to Yu-topia together. Because I told her my backstory we had gotten way closer in approximately 6 hours. We tumble inside and are met with Makkachin who is darting around us like a young deer. Victor had not taken him so we decide to take him out for a walk.

We head to the ocean, because today had been way warmer than before. It was mid-February and the cold was leaving the air. The past couple of months had passed so quickly.

Yuko locks her arm with mine and together we walk along the beach. Makkachin is right ahead of us and I had grown rather fond of the little guy. I call him and throw a stick ahead. We keep this pace up for a while and eventually head back.

Together we walk past the rink on our way back and see lights burning. I had put the key back where it belonged so that was weird.

"huh that's weird, my husband is away for the day" we decide to check it out and see that someone is on the ice, but it's a female. I furrow my brow and when I focus I spot the familiar blonde hair of Celeste.

What is that witch doing here.

When I glance around I see that Victor, Yuri and another female are watching her. We make our way to them and I recognize Tamila, short Tammy. She was in my league when I was still skating.

"Hey" Yuko greets them "what are you doing here and what are they doing here" there was no sense of hospitality in her voice, I can spot a sense of anger in her. She is the owner after all and no one asked her if it's okay.

"Yuko, Ember, hey!" Yuri greets us and he has an uneasy expression. Serves you right.

"Hey I am Tamila, but you can call me Tammy" the red head introduces herself and I smile, she had always been kind where Celeste was vile.

"Nice to meet you" Yuko is clearly waiting for an explanation, I am staying quiet and waiting for them to explain. Celeste comes our way and smiles fakely, great.

"It is so beautiful here, I think this will do perfectly don't you think Tamila" she addresses the red-head.

"Yuri what is this" Yuko demands

"Well ehm see—"

"We ran into them in Nagasaki and both of them were searching for a new place to practice and they asked if they could stay here until the Grand Prix" Victor interrupts Yuri.

Wait, what.

Yuko's face drops and I see flashes of anger and disbelief.

"And you didn't think to ask me beforehand?" Yuko asks clearly disappointed in them.

"I am so sorry, Yuko is it? It would mean so much to us if we could skate here, it's only for a few months and I promise we will pay for it" Celeste her voice is sugary sweet and I try not to vomit at the mere sound of it.

Yuko quickly glances between Victor, Tammy, Celeste and Yuri who is keeping his head down. She looks at me as if to question and I debated myself. I would rather have they left, but Tammy is sweet and I guess I would just have to endure Celeste.

"Alright, please come with me so we can talk about payment" Yuko says and leaves us with Tammy. Celeste gets of the ice and brushes Victor's hand. It makes my blood run cold, but before I can say anything she already went after Yuko.

I take a deep breath, my once happy mood completely ruined. Makkachin is waiting patiently next to me and I had forgotten about him altogether.

"I am guessing you guys had a nice day" I say and they both nod. I shake my head a little disappointed with them, I had expected more from them to be honest.

"Lose your tongue" I ask and lift my brows, Yuri seems flustered and keeps staring at the door. What is up with him?

"Never mind, I am heading back to the resort" I turn on my heels leaving the both of them behind. Surprisingly Makkachin followed me and I smiled at it, thanks for the back-up buddy.

He walks close to me and I give him his food when we get back. I take of my coat and head to the dining room. I just have to follow my nose, it truly smells amazing as usual. Victor, Yuri, Tammy and Celeste come in not soon after.

"They are not staying here mum, but I was hoping they could stay for dinner" I hear Yuri asking his mother and Hiroko agrees.

Everyone sits down and to my surprise Victor takes a seat opposite of me, not beside me. Celeste sits down next to him practically on his lap and my blood boils. My hands ball into fists and I try to catch Victor's gaze, but he ignores me. Why is he so distant?

I remain silent for the entirety of the meal as Celeste brags about everything she achieved. Tammy is deep in conversation with Yuri and he has a huge smile plastered on his face, he likes her! I think to myself and smile.

When everyone is done I stand up and excuse myself, the fact that Celeste is here is bad enough, I don't have to be in her presence when I don't have to. I get out of the room and don't look at Victor again, two can play this game.

I am a little hurt by his indifference, but I don't let it bother me. I take out my book and take a seat in my windowsill. I bring the blanket up to my neck and emerge into the world of fantasy. A lot of time passed when I feel arms wrap around me and with it the smell of the ocean.

Slowly I look up and see Victor standing next to me. "Oh so you did know I exist" I bite at him and get out of his embrace.

"Em"

"Don't Em me, one moment you act like you like me, the next you act as if I am toxic air you need to breathe in" I tell him "all your other girls might accept it, but I won't"

"Ember listen to me, I wanted to protect you—"

"By ignoring me" I cut him off.

"Em" he looks at me and squeezes my shoulders, I keep my eyes focused on my feet "Em look at me" I ignore his request and with his left hand he lifts my chin so I am forced to look at him. "Em I want to protect you from Celeste, she can be particularly nasty to anyone I like and I don't want her to know what you are to me, what you mean to me"

What do I mean to him?

"Please, you are right I should not have ignored you, but I don't want to hurt you, I don't want Celeste to hurt you, it's just until the Grand prix after which she'll be gone"

And then what?

"Okay" I give in and his smile returns. He hugs me and I smile, I can't stay mad at him for very long. When he kisses me every image fades and all I see is the ocean.

Good morning! Well morning for me haha! Here is another chapter! What do you think will happen? I am curious what you think! Also my birthday is very soon (January 11) yaaaay!!

Xx Es