13. Sweet Dreams

13. Sweet Dreams

Maybe one day we will find the place where our dreams and reality will collide.

"You are not making this really easy are you Nikiforov"

"Nope you gotta work for it Zvezda"

"Star?" I wonder out loud

"I told you I needed a cool nickname, so I will call you Zvezda or Em, whatever I like most at that moment"

"More like a black star" I chuckle

"That is not true, you are worth more than you realize Em!" He clears his throat "I mean see how much Yuri improved, that's all because of your observations"

"I guess you are right, well I am gonna go to bed" I start to walk of.

"Hey Em!"

"Yeah?" I turn around

"I enjoyed skating with you to, maybe we can do it again"

"maybe, no promises"

"no promises! Good night Zvezda"

"Good night Vitya!"

I head to my room and when I see that it's past midnight I let out a breath. I have gotten through the day and instead of feeling sorry for myself I will start living. Time to be who I really want to be. From that day forward I never dreamt of the crash again, I did dream about my parents, memorizing the good moments, the laughs, Christmases and celebrations.

When I wake up the next day I feel more rested than ever before. Christmas is fast approaching and I need to figure out what to get everyone. For Hiroko, Mari and Yuko I had already gotten what they wanted, Hiroko wanted a book on cooking, Mari asked if I could pick up a nice fantasy book for her and I have gotten Yuko perfume. For Yuri I plan on watch because he is always late and for Minako who I did not know that well I got a scarf because Yuri told me it was one she really wanted. For Victor, however, I had no clue.

I want his gift to be special. He needs to know how much he means to me and I want the present to show my appreciation for everything he did for me.

I head out early to get all the Christmas presents I needed, it was only a week away and usually I start earlier. However this time that was quite hard due to the fact that we were in Beijing for the Cup of China.

The books and the perfume are things I pick up first because they are most easy. Afterwards I head to the jeweler and debate on the watch for Yuri when my eyes fall to it. On a pedestal is a tiny hanger in the shape of a skate.

I pick it up and admire the beauty of it and I know that this is exactly what I was searching for. Victor needs something simply, yet with the biggest meaning.

Easily enough I pick out the watch and as for the hanger I put it on quite a rough chain, to make it a bit more masculine. However I get Vitya engraved on the back. Once I am done I am quite satisfied! I pick up the lasts gifts for everyone and quickly wrap them in my room.

Once I am finished with all the presents I am quite content, I head downstairs and see a completely empty Christmas tree.

"Hiroko? Why are there no ornaments in the tree?" I ask the middle-aged lady as she walks in.

"Oh, we haven't had the time yet sweetie"

"Well just tell me where they are and I will start decorating"

"You really don't have to"

"But I want to" I convince her and she gives in. She tells me where the boxes are and I start by adding lights to the tree. The Japanese ornaments are way different from my own, but I really like them they are simply yet utterly beautiful.

For a while I work in silence as the tree starts to glisten with lights and ornaments.

"Need a little help?" Yuri and Victor stroll in and I smile.

"Ofcourse! Decorating is one of the best things about Christmas, so please do help" Christmas never failed to brighten my spirit, it made me happy and now that I had this amazing group of friends around me I knew that this year, Christmas would be special.

For a while we work in silence as we hang all kind of different things in the tree. Not soon after Mari and Hiroko help with decorating and a lot more decoration comes out of boxes.

Within a short period of time the entire resort is dipped in Christmas spirit and everyone seems brighter because of it. We laugh together as once again Yuri drops an ornament.

"Yuri" We passive aggressively scream in unison and a wave of laughter erupts in the room. Hiroko brings in hot chocolate and we are all seated.

"We did such a good job" Mari explains even her mood is way more cheerful than usual.

"We really did" I steal a marshmallow from Victor's cup and stick it in my mouth.

"He that was mine"

"Want it back?" I ask as I stick out my tongue with a half-eaten marshmallow on it.

"Unbelievable" He nudges me in the arm and laughs

"Glad I can still surprise you" I smile and take a sip of my hot coco.

"You sure can"

We all admire the work we did as we sit there in silence.

"This year will be a different Christmas" Yuri Says

"You are right, but we have gained two wonderful people that we get to call family" Hiroko adds.

I can't help but smile at her comment, it would be great to be part of their family and I consider them family. In these past months I have gotten to know them and what keeps them busy. They are all wonderful and they all have such big hearts and so much warmth.

"Now Christmas is complete" Mari says and the others nod in agreement.

"No not quite yet! Wait here!" I run upstairs as fast as I can to grab my presents, I quickly add name tags to them and make my way down. With my arms stacked with presents I nearly fall of the stairs, but luckily I am able to steady myself at the last moment.

When I get back I gently place my gifts underneath the tree, now we were completely done. Everything was lit up and filled with the spirit of Christmas and I knew that a tree without presents was the same as saying that hot chocolate was complete without whipped cream.

"Now it is perfect" I look at them and smile, knowing that Yuri was right. This Christmas would be different, but it would also be beautiful.

The second part for today! I am currently working on the Christmas chapter! I can't wait for you all to read it! also I thought about a ship name and I really have no idea. Maybe Emya. Well Merry christmas to you all!

Xx Esmay