Chapter 1: New Meridian

The skull heart corrupts those who wishes from it replacing the heart of the person who wished from it. The wicked people easily can be corrupted, the ones with anger corrupted, but the ones with a heart of pure can fight this corruption only with the right mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ow.” I groaned, my body was aching from laying on a rough surface. Slowly opening my eyes, I stared through a hole in the ceiling.” Wha- shouldn't I be dead or suffering from a broken bone?”

Small rubble of wood fell off of me when I began to get up, the debris from the two floors were falling off of me as I fully got to my feet. My chest felt like someone stabbed me with a knife. Rubbing the pain away in my chest, I looked around and noticed something different about the room I've woken up in. It was another room with a bed and dresser, but the first and second floor were the only ones with rooms and the hole showed three rooms.

‘I only remember I was one the second floor then someone called me- shit.’ I looked around the room for my phone and found it on the dresser with my backpack aside it. Cautious of walking to my stuff, I looked around near my stuff to see if there was like a pressure plate or string, but there wasn't. I picked up my phone first and saw the top left of the screen cracked, thinking the phone was now broken I've turned it on and saw the screen go to it's ocean shore picture I had it as. Swiping the lockscreen away the phone went to the home of my notebook, music app, and other apps.

“Working condition, good. Now my stuff.” I put away my phone in my pants’ pocket before unzipping the zipper and pulling out my stuff.” Two shirts, four boxers, four socks, three pants, a flashlight, taser with three batteries, a P99, seven clips, three boxes of 9mm bullets, a gun cleaning case, a detective badge from the FBI, solar powered charger, two USB chargers, my file, toothbrush, toothpaste, and reading glasses, next pocket.” I unzipped one of the pockets and pulled out the contents,” Switchblade knife, pepper spray, another battery, and the pill. Next.” I unzipped another pocket and pulled out the contents.” A video camera, my detective notebook, two blue pens, and the charger for the pill.”

After pulling out my stuff, I've noticed nothing been tampered by anyone, except me, and put all the stuff back in my backpack and flung it over my shoulder. I kept my gun out in case if someone tries to jump me, they’ll be the one getting a hole in them. Opening the door I looked in both directions and saw that the halls were different, they were like a fancy hotel that had good business until something screwed them over. I exited out of the room and closed the door silently before walking down the hallway to the elevator.

The sound of my footsteps echoed around the hall as I walked, my hand holding the gun was white from gripping the gun to death. When I reached the elevator I pushed the button and waited, but after a few seconds of waiting I looked up and saw it was out of order the numbers above weren't moving.

“Why did I think this place was functional?” I questioned myself and took the stairs down to the main floor. As I walked down the stairs my mind was thinking of the phone call before I fell through the floor. What did they meant by candidate and how they got my phone number, these are mysteries that I can't solve now, but maybe later I'll figure it out.

Arriving at the main floor I took noticed everything was different the craftsmanship of the wood, building texture from the walls, and the expensive lights hanging on the ceiling. It was obvious that I'm no longer in Grinda’s hotel. Walking in the main lobby, I saw that the doors were boarded up with few cracks of light.

“Well, the back entrance shouldn't be boarded up only locked.” I strolled around the lobby to a dining room, but a back entrance wouldn't be here. Continuing on wondering, I observed my surround finding it interesting on how this place was ran out of business.