Chapter 12: Misunderstood and Feelings

"That was an interesting time for them to show up."

"Yeah, it was," Filia said sounding surprised, I saw that her eyes were trained on them as they ordered their food. "Which makes it interesting that you seemed to make friends after our first talk."

I look Filia and thought back to the moment when that man tried to make her follow him by force, luckily it went well with no blood spilled or gone too violent as it would have put a bad reputation on my name; me fighting an adult who's probably six or nine years older than me, man I wonder what I would have used around the Cafe if a fight between him and me. She's right though I've made some friends from my first week here in New Meridia city as it would take some time for others to obtain some friends.

"Yeah, I did make some friends after our first talk..." I press my back against the cushions as I stared at Filia, she was the second person I've met in this world and is probably the second girl I've met. "...but hey, at least we are friends."

That brought a smile on her lips as well of a giggle. Good thing that we didn't meet most people would do, hey how you doing, good, then let's bang; fucking idiots that think when you're young there's not responsible you have until you are out of high school. Man, now I really want to see if people here are like that.

Soon her giggling fit went silent but she still kept that gorgeous smile of hers, and just in time too as the waiter just got to our table. I already have my own order but I wasn't sure of Filia, so I waited until she spoke first.

"How may I help you two couples?" If I was drinking something I would have spat it all out and look up at the waitress with an expression saying,'You fucking retarded?' I could tell that Filia was taken by surprise of the sudden way she called us, couples, her face was red as she tried to hide her blush behind her hands. Do some adults like to embarrass other teenagers or is it that seeing a boy and girl together makes them a couple?

I smiled awkwardly and shook both my hands in front of me.

"N-no, we're not a couple we are just friends, we've met a day ago," It was partly true I only met her one day ago and now is the second day, but I don't think thirty minutes counts as a full talk and all of getting to know each other. "So please don't call us that."

The waitress understood as she nodded her head before placing the tip of her pen on the paper. I noticed that she stop blushing, but still have a faint hint of red on her cheeks, and was ready to order. Me, on the other hand, had been ready ever since the waiter just arrived.

"Could I have a pancake with jelly topping, whipped cream, and blueberries with the side of scrambled eggs?" The waitress nodded scribbling down Filia's orders then turned to me. I told her the same order I had when I first came here. Nodding the waitress mumbled to herself about the regular order guy before asking us drinks; sadly the whole not couple thing made it unbelievable when we answered.

"Orange juice."

We both had tomato faces as we just made it worst for us of saying the same drink at the same time. The waitress giggled at our embarrassment before leaving us. I couldn't tell what was going in Filia's mind but mine I could just say that people would now see us as a couple instead of friends.

I tap my finger on the table thinking of what to say, Filia may be more embarrassed than I am meaning that having a talk of something not personal would help. Marie would love to be here sitting in front of me with her kind hearted smile as well have me talking and exchanging questions, but Filia isn't Marie she's Filia an Amnesiac girl. My finger stopped, a centimeter or two away from the table's surface, as a stupid question popped up in my mind but before I could even through that thought away my brain forced the question out.