Chapter 5: the parasite inside

Medicines are crime criminal organization that owns the most popular casinos and the Medici tower, they nearly own the entire city from the police to low life thugs on the street. Though they don't own everything, there are some gangs that rebel against the Medici.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the two girls as I ate my food. Marie, my first roommate when I first arrived here in this world, still hasn't told me why she's not freaked out of Squigly. She hasn't even told me after I came back from my small exploration around the city. Squigly, an undead girl with an skeleton snake dragon, wasn't eating with us. She was sitting on the right side of the table, staring at me and Marie as we eat, Leviathan was doing the same thing just staring no talking. Sometimes Squigly and I would make eye contact and look away from each other, but this time when I look at her, she was looking at me.

"I have a question and I may want to know the reason from that question," I began to say, catching Marie's and Leviathan's attention on me." Why didn't I hear Marie scream from seeing Squigly and Leviathan or even saw any horror on her face?"

All three of them looked at each other then looked at me. Marie was the first to answer my question.

"Well, if she was able to get in without breaking in, I thought you let her in to stay and thought she wasn't dangerous because how kind I heard her speak with Leviathan when I was walking down the stairs." I nodded of understanding from what she was talking about, she probably knows me a bit more like a friend and knows my actions, but she doesn't know my entire life.

After the talk, I finished my breakfast and threw the take out in the trash then walked out the kitchen and walked over to the balcony. The view of the city was pleasant if only I had a job to help keep this place in good conditions. Leaning forward on the balcony, I heard footsteps from inside, but I didn't turn around. The feeling of being useless was getting to me as I stared down at the city's streets.

'Wish I told Double if there was anyone that was looking for a helpful teenager.' Sighing from my idiotics, I held the cross up and looked at the metal trinket. It looked like that someone hated god and so flipped the cross upside down and sold it to people then found the reason why it was made. Dropping the cross and letting it fall back down to my collar bone, I looked down and saw some black vehicles driving past the hotel through the streets. The vehicles could probably be a gang or mafia, but they won't have any interest in this hotel. Watching the black vehicles drive off, the sound of footsteps sounded behind me and caused me to turn around and see Squigly.

"(Y/N), I noticed how gloomy you looked after you came back. Is there something wrong?" Squigly asked, she stopped in front of me. I looked down at the balcony floor then looked at my left, seeing the city.

"Yeah, you could say that." Avoiding Squigly's gaze, I turned around leaned against the railing.

"Did a Medici threaten you?" I shook my head." Are you worried about Marie?"

"Well, actually both of you girls and Leviathan."

"Uh?"

"I fear that I may run out of money to buy food and clothing for us." Standing up straight and turning around, facing Squigly, I sighed and sat down with my back against the rail." And now I'm not having any luck of finding anyone that'll hire me, from a small fruit shop to a regular restaurant."

I stared at Squigly, she glanced around thinking of something before sitting down by me. Her eye glued to me as she wrapped both her arms around me.

"New Meridian may have many people that are looking for adults, but maybe there are some jobs that'll actually hire you." Squigly's bone hand slowly moved up my back then stopped at the back of my head. I felt her hand caress the back of my head. Staring into Squigly's eye, my mind began to turn its gears as the thought of finding a vehicle to drive around and explore a lot quicker than walking around, but the problem is that some vehicles I saw were the 1932s. Maybe there's a motorcycle?