Chapter 13: Leviathan's past (part 1)

I guess hearing the news from me about being a detective once again would cause a girl to hug you closely in a killer great that could easily be compared to a bear hug. At least it wasn't from a Russian bodybuilder or else my spine would have snapped in two. Both girls were hugging me. They refused to let me go when I asked. Marie had a killer grip on my shirt keeping herself firmly pressed up against me, she wouldn't answer my question when I had asked her what was wrong. Squigly's grip on me wasn't that tight as Marie's but the close hug itself told its own story that she was worried about me, but what reason should she worry about? I know what to do in this job and how to avoid danger if I possibly can.

Situations like these I only experienced a rare few times when the client was worried about the missing person they want to be found. It's heartbreaking to remember those days after I found a corpse belongs to a mother's son, she cried from the loss of her only child after being fixed. She blamed herself entirely for not stopping her boy from going to a friend's house after school. The mother cried and cried until she was an emotional mess of sadness. I knew what happened to her after that. The mother killed herself at her home, the person who found her rotting body was a friend of hers. Depression can be crazy sometimes. Hell, take Portia from Julius Caesar for example how she swallowed burning coal just because she was depressed.

Marie a girl that I save from thugs owes her life to me for what I did, but I can understand about how she would care for me. I gave her a place to stay, managed to get her a job at Old Sam's jewelry store, have another friend, and be a nice boy I always been. Guess summarizing that all up it would make sense why Marie's grip on my shirt was tight. Squigly, I know that we met on different terms than how Marie and I met. She suddenly appeared out of thin air above me. We met on the same roof where she appeared, talk a little bit, gave her a place to stay, gave her respect, showed her trust, and been her first friend despite what she has. Leviathan, I have no clue what's going on in his head as he and I haven't had much of a chance to get to know each other, and I can't really bring him into a guy only day because how he's Squigly' parasite.

I brought up my arms and hugged them back hoping that this might be the key to my freedom. After a few minutes of embracing each other, the hug finally broke up. Leaning back further on the couch I managed to catch a glimpse of how Marie was reacting to this. She had a few tears running down her cheeks.

"Marie are you okay?" I asked worried about her. There should be no reason for her to be crying other than being happy for me. Unless, unless she's scared of what could happen to me out in the streets.

Without receiving a reply from Marie I took her right hand with mine. That caught her attention. Marie looked up at me with teary eyes she instantly buried her face in my chest crying softly. I looked to my left to see if Squigly was going to do the same. She did have a hint of sadness her gaze was on the floor, but she wasn't tearing up.

I grasped Squigly's hand with my other hand causing her eyes to widen she looked up at me with a surprised look on her face. Without a sign of warning, Squigly buried her face in my chest causing me to blush a bit. Now I have two girls, the first one which was Marie who's crying in my chest soaking my shirt, the second was Squigly burying her face in my chest squeezing my hand a bit with hers. I bet my life here that a man would love to be in my place having two girls caring about him.

"What am I going to do? Both of these girls don't like the job I have being a detective, I know that it's a dangerous one to have as killers, gangs, and professional criminals would want to make sure that no one finds evidence to put them behind bars even going so far as killing the person that finds the evidence." For a minute my mind went blank as "Sherlock Holmes" suddenly popped inside my head. "Gotta stop watching those types of movie or else I might act like Sherlock himself holding a glass of flies while playing the violin."