Chapter 9: Unexpected Events (part 2)

Running from a foe that is stronger than you does not mean defeat or makes you a coward. Living another day and knowing what the enemy's abilities help teaches you ways of victory against them, planning on what to counter against the foe you fled from. Live to see another day is not just a saying, it's an advice for everyone.

\POV Third/

"Meow, now that's a fine catch Klu Fin!" Nadia complimented one of her friends as she stared at delicious fish in Kly Fin's hook.

"Thanks, Nadia," Klu Fin smiled showing all his shark teeth. Nadia know almost everyone in the Seasides of New Meridian, it's the responsibility of being in the Fishbone Gang to help the King's people. Sadly they're not around, ever since she swallowed that Life Gem Nadia would always be reminded about her scars of how she ended every one of her family's life by the Medici's hand. Her scars run deeper than what she has shown, these stitches she has been nothing more than a reminder.

"I see you next time we meet Klu-Fin," Nadia said as she walked away from the shark, but not without waving goodbye of course. This place is her home, the Dagonians around here are her friends, even if few don't know me, King knows her family for a long time and sees me as one of his nieces to him; however, he doesn't like the topic of me planning a revenge on the Medicis for her family. She doesn't care if he didn't like her actions but avenging her family is what she care now than going back to her old self.

She knows there are a rare few gangs out there that don't follow the Medicis; most would follow them because of how powerful they are and rich they are, some won't follow because how they are treated by the Medicis, few turned around to bite the hand threatening them. Her gang was one of the few that bit the hand and showed every gang that the Medici is nothing more than a huge gang that's too cocky, but seeing how they killed her family she knew highly to doubt anyone would want to mess with them.

Hiding out in Little Innsmouth is the only thing she could do to avoid the Medici from finding me, Yu-Wan, the owner and chief of Little Innsmouth, helped me stayed hidden. She knows a cat girl like me shouldn't be around any fish people, but hey they didn't get raised into a gang and helped everyone in the Seasides in New Meridian from the Medicis. He felt like one of her new family and Minette felt like her little sister She thought she never has.

"Nadia!"

"Uh?" She turned around to see a dagonian child running up to me with a worried expression. Something must be happening somewhere, she did the kid a favor on getting to me fast by running up to him.

"Two Medici goons are Little Innsmouth causing trouble..." She didn't need to hear anymore what the kid had to say, if the Medici is here means that they're causing trouble. The dagonian child voice slowly went to a mutter as Nadia left. "...but someone has it controlled."

Nadia ran pass people who stood in her way, she jumped on a pole to another pole and continued just so she could get to Little Innsmouth quick as possible then running around entire docks to waste more time. When Nadia landed on the wooden bridge to Innsmouth she booked it and barged through the door to see a young man in a white shirt and blue jeans, his shirt was nearly cut to nothing as it was the only clothing that looked like it was nothing but a torn up shirt hanging onto his body. The man's arms were bleeding from the cuts on his arms as his chest had somewhere his shirt was sliced. Behind the man was the waitress of Little Innsmouth, the sight of seeing her made Nadia's blood boil as she ran inside to aid the man.

"Aww, look at this we got ourselves an alley cat," A short Medici mocked Nadia as he wielded a small machete. The other one beside him, the tall one, laughed; he wielded the same weapon as the short one. Both of Medicis felt confident on causing some "injuries" on the man protecting Minette.