12

Blake's POV

I stepped out of my office and stretched. It had been four and a half hours since I last saw Jade and I decided to check on her.

She'd probably fallen asleep in my bed. Her hair all across the pillow again as she slept peacefully.

I opened the door to my room and was surprised to see my bed empty. I looked in the bathroom and again found nothing. I pulled out my phone.

"She's gone." I said plainly.

"The girl?" The man asked stupidly.

"Of course the girl! My girl! Gather the men and find her!" I said angrily. I hung up the phone and walked downstairs where I left her.

Did she leave me?
Why would she leave? I told her I'd let her go and she said she wanted to stay.
Was she that afraid of me?
What if someone took her?
What if they took her from me and hurt her? Oh they'd be sorry. Sorry they even thought about touching something of mine.

I looked in the kitchen and dining room and found nothing, but a maid, cleaning up after lunch.

"Have you seen, Jade? The new girl?" I asked. She looked confused and told me no. "Go, call the maids and tell them to get in here, now."

She nodded and hurried away and I called my head of security. It took two calls for him to answer the phone.

"Sir?" He answered sounding a little dazed.

"What the hell are you doing up there? I called twice!" I knew he was sleeping on the job again, but that wasn't the point right then. "Jade is missing. Go over the tapes, find her."

"Yes, sir." He said sounding more alert now. I hung up the phone and ran my hand through my hair, trying to breathe as the maids came in.

"Okay," I said looking up at them. "The girl, Jade, was given specific instructions to find one of you and have you escort her to my room. So, who took her up there?"

They looked at me blankly and when no one answered they started looking at each other curiously. They all looked up at me again and I was about to lose my temper when my phone rang.

"Yes? Have you found her?" I asked.

"Sir," it was my security officer. He sounded worried. "You should come up here, there's something on the tapes you should see."

I hung up the phone and left the maids without a word. I took the stairs two at a time, until I finally reached the top floor. I walked in without question and stood beside him.
"We have her here," he pointed to the screen where she looked a little lost in the downstairs hall, "then, we don't have her at all. I think you should watch this one."

He restarted the video. I watched myself walk out of the dining room and then a few moments later, she came out looking a little lost. She looked down each path of the hall before heading toward the kitchen.

She was only a few steps down the hall, looking at the paintings that hung on the wall beside her when it showed my father shoving her against the wall, then the video cuts out and she isn't seen again.

"Sir, I looked through all the other tapes since that moment and neither of them are seen again." He explained. I was still staring at the monitor. The video was playing on a loop.

When my father grabbed her she looked so afraid. She was afraid and I couldn't help her and now she's gone. I pulled out my phone again.

"Find my father too. Bring him to my office. Make it fast." I hung up the phone before I looked at the man beside me, "keep searching."

....

It had already been an hour and they hadn't found either of them. I told them to bring him to my office and I couldn't leave and search for her until they did. I paced back and forth across the room.

Finally, there was a knock on my glass door. I immediately yelled for them to enter and they walked in behind my father. I had to grip the edge of my desk to avoid grabbing him and making me tell her where she was.

"They said it was urgent. Don't waste my time, boy." He said looking at his watch impatiently. I tried to keep my composure, knowing he'd never tell me if he thought I was going soft over some girl already.

"The girl's gone." I said flatly. He raised a brow.

"You let her escape already? I thought I taught you better than that. When are you going to be a man?  Make them fear you and they won't run, they'll be too afraid. I get these girls for-"

"She didn't run." I said still trying to hold my careless composure as I stood behind my desk. I was angry. Someone had taken something of mine, and they were probably hurting her, and I couldn't do anything about it. "You're the last one that was seen with her and I'd like to know where she is."

"You think I have her?" He looked shocked. "I would've thrown her back in her cell if I did. Actually, I'd have just killed her for being so much trouble."

"You better not have." I said glaring at him. I wanted to grab him and make him tell me. I'd kill him if he hurt her. "If you hurt her, then this tolerance I have of you will be gone and I will kill you. The business is already mine and I don't need you here trying to force me to take a wife and causing trouble with your games."

"Kill your own blood?" He asked with a smirk. "Maybe I've taught you better than I thought."

"Maybe after losing my mother to your hands, I pick up on a few things." I said gritting my teeth.

"Mother, brother, and sister in law. Yes, but fiancé? You know I'd tell you if I did that. I have before, but not this one. She made you happy for a moment there. So she's doing her job, even if it's not the way I wanted." He shrugged a little as he said this. "So, I haven't done anything with her. She's probably off hiding somewhere."

I ran my hands through my hair again as pieces tried to fall into my face. I nodded to him and he left my office. I could tell when he lied and he wasn't this time, but I knew she couldn't just be hiding somewhere. The other men left to resume their search for her.

I walked to my room to look for her there again. Just to be sure.

I stepped back out of my room and my phone rang. I answered and heard her voice in the background. She was screaming.

"No!" She screamed. "Please, don't touch me. Somebody, please, call Blake. Don't touch me!"

"Sir, we've found her." He said. "You need to get to the music room as soon as possible."