30

"Jade?" I heard in my ear. "Babe, wake up."

I yawned and memories of last night filled my mind.
He trailed kisses down my neck and wrapped his arms around me before pulling the covers over us.
"Kissing you like that makes me think of so much more, but we can't. So get some rest and I'll be here in the morning."
We were quiet for a moment and I felt his arms tighten around my waist.
"Please still be here when I wake up." He whispered it so quietly, I don't think he meant for me to hear it.

I rolled over to face him and he balanced himself over me. He just looked at me for a moment before leaning closer and kissing me. I smiled against his lips and put my arms over his neck to hold him closer.

"Jade," he put his hand on one of my arms. "This isn't a good idea. You have no idea how often I find myself wanting this with you, but we can't."

I nodded and he smiled before lightly kissing my lips and leaning over towards his night stand. He handed me a plate of pancakes with two small pieces of bacon beside them and a glass of orange juice.

"Thank you," I smiled at him. He nodded. "Did you get anything to eat?"

"Yes," he smiled. "I already ate. It's already eleven. I figured I should wake you up to eat at least."

"You let me sleep till eleven?" I asked sitting fully up. The sharp pain in my stomach made me instantly regret it."I can't just lay around all day like this. Have you lost your mind?"

"And what exactly do you do when you get up? Why can't you just lay around?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "You're hurt. I dont want you overdoing it."

I hated to admit it, but he was right. I didn't really do anything useful. Just take up time and take his best men because he thinks I need babysitters.

"I get on your nerves." I pointed out with a smile.

"You don't have to be awake for that," he smirked. I grabbed the pillow from behind him and hit him with it. He fell back onto the bed laughing and I put my food on my nightstand before jumping onto him and hitting him with the side of my cast, making him laugh harder. "You realize you're attacking a mob boss, right?"

I sat up, still leaning against him and pretended to think. He gave me a quizzical look before I shrugged and smiled at him.

"And what are you going to do about it?" I smirked. He raised his brow before a smile took over his face. I wasn't used to seeing him like this, but I liked it. He was very happy and childish.

"I'll tickle you," he said in a very serious tone. He just looked at me for a moment and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oooo, the big bad 'mafia boss' is gonna tickle me!" I said between fits of laughter. My mocking was cut short when he suddenly tackled me onto the bed and began assaulting my ribs with tickling, being especially careful to avoid my bruises. I couldn't catch my breath through my laughter. "Stop!... stop please!.... I'm sorry!... I won't 'attack' you again!"

He stopped for a moment and I tried to catch my breath. He looked at me and held his hands over my ribs, waiting to attack again at the slightest movement.

"You are so childish," I giggled. I watched his face form a confused frown. I smiled at him. "It's a good thing."

"Oh," he said quietly. "In that case...."
He began tickling my ribs again and I didn't realize how loud I was being until Ronnie came running in through the open doors.

"What's wrong?" He asked, alarmed. He had his gun drawn as he scanned the room. "What's going on?"

Blake immediately sat up and regathered his composure. He pushed his hair back out of his face and cleared his throat, obviously embarrassed. Ronnie rolled his eyes and put away his gun, realizing there was no danger.

He glared directly at me and I sat up, pointing an accusing finger at Blake. Ronnie started to laugh and Blake glared at me.

"And I'm the childish one?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded and tried to look innocent. As soon as Ronnie turned around I hit Blake with a pillow. Ronnie did a quick 180 on his heel, glaring at Blake this time.

"What? She did it!" He shouted. I glared and hit him with the pillow again.

"He started it." I said crossing my arms.

"Tattle tale," Blake accused. Ronnie had trouble catching his breath through his laughter.

"How exactly did he start it, Jade?"

"He called me annoying." Ronnie laughed again.

"Heck! At this rate I would too!" He laughed. I threw the pillow and hit him directly in the face. He glared at me before smiling at Blake. "She's all yours."

With that he closed the door and Blake threw his fist up in celebration with a quick "yes!"

"What are you twelve?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He smirked at me and I knew he was about to make a possibly perverted comment so I put my hand over his mouth. I was proud of how quick I reacted until I felt his wet, warm tongue on my palm.

At first I didn't move. I wasn't sure how I was going to react. Then I realized a great way to. I wiped his saliva down the side of his cheek and he frowned at me.

His face went from a frown to an angry glare and suddenly I was being pushed back onto the bed. He held my hands above me and glared. I thought I'd really upset him until I felt his other hand on my ribs again.

Even with my pleads and begging, he refused to stop tickling me so I leaned up and licked his cheek. It had been my attempt to surprise him so I could escape while he wiped off his face. That's not how it went.

He closed his eyes and I felt his grip on my hands tighten. He put his face next to my ear and I could feel his breath on my neck.

"Don't do that, unless you plan to lick what could potentially come next." He whispered through gritted teeth. I felt my cheeks darken and I wanted to sink into the floor. No one made those comments to me until I met him and now every time he said one I felt more embarrassed than the time before. He looked at my face and chuckled lightly. "I think that's enough for today. You should eat your breakfast."

"What the heck is up with you?" I finally blurted out.

"What?" He looked concerned.

"You normally stay in a bad mood when I mess up. And you normally don't goof off with me especially when someone catches us. Why are you in such a mood? Are you on drugs? I don't mess with that. If you are, drop em."

"What?" He looked confused.
"Drugs?" He pinched the bridge of his nose before he laughed. He smiled up at me."I'm not on drugs, baby. I'm just happy."

"Why? Why all the sudden?"

"Cause you're here. You're back. My girl is home and safe and mine and I slept with my arms around her and when I woke up, she was still safe and happy." He smiled brightly at me.

"Home?" I questioned. "Does that mean you're letting me stay?"