Chapter twelve

Phil's Pov
I am like a kid on Christmas. Dan just asked me out, on a date. I might be losing my mind. I am so Fucking happy right now holy shit. I walked downstairs to see my dad and my mom waiting at the foot of the stairs.
"Phil," my mom spoke in a soft quiet voice "your father and I have noticed something."
"What?" I asked
"Well you've been a lot more, cheerful, these past few days and well...we wanted to know.." she looked up at my dad.
"Who's the lucky lady?" He asked
"Oh. Ummm, you'll find out." I hoped he took the bait.
"Why can't you tell me son?"
"Just want to make sure they're the one before you meet 'em."
"Ah, good thinking, taught you well boy." My dad smirked as he turned and walked towards the living room.
"Hey dad?"
"Yes?"
"Just out of curiosity, what would you have done if I told you I liked a boy?"
He looked at me, silently, like a death stare.
"No son of mine is a faggot, not now, not ever do you hear me loud and clear Philip?" He was shouting, i hated when he yelled and he knows it. I swallowed.
"Right, just wondering." I walked up the stairs.
My mood could not have been ruined quicker.
"Phil?" My mom whispered. It had been a couple hours since the incident and I had locked myself in my room.
"Phil, honey, can I come in?"
"Why, so you can tell at me too?" I snapped.
I herd the soft click as my door unlocked. My mom walked in and sat on the edge of my bed.
"Honey, I herd how hurt you were while talking to your dad and just know that, if you are gay, I will always support you through anything.
I smiled "thanks mom."
She reached over and gave me a hug, "You're welcome sweetie."
I still didn't tell her.
time skip
It's 6th period, I have 29 more minutes until last period, which I have with dan. I zoned out of the Math lesson Mr. Ned was teaching, all I could think about was dan and the park, he's so cute and I just can't. Maybe I should ask him out at the park? No that might be moving too fast. I don't know much about relationships, I usually have one night stands with girls and ditch them after. This is different, I love dan, and I don't know what I'm going to do. What should I say? Will he laugh at me? What if he doesn't feel the same way? Ugh I needed to text Louise, but I can't, fuck. I guess I'll text her after I leave the park. What the hell, why can't things just work out the way I want them to? I hate life, but I don't? Idk. My thoughts are all swirling around my head and my stomach is tied in a knot.
"Psssst phiiillll." Someone whispered in a sing-song voice
I turned to see a girl with long brown hair, she looked Indian.
"I know you, you're...lily, right?"
"Yeas, anyway, is it true that you and dan are like, a thing? Or is that just rumors?"
"Honestly, it's not a thing now but,I hope it is soon."
"OMGGGG, I totally ship it."
"Yeah yeah, just don't spread it ok?"
"Ok." She turned around with a big smile on her face.
I hope the park goes well...