twenty four

*phils pov*
I waited for a response, my fingers shaking and my heart pounding. I wanted us to be ok, i wanted everything to be ok.

I was home alone again, my mom out with some friend's and my dad on a buisness trip. Tears raced down my cheeks silently as the panic set in.  I waited at the computer for a few miniutes, but after a while i ended up on my bed staring at the ceiling. My ears were alert for a notification, but none came. In the midst of my anxiey, my racing heart put me to sleep.

I jolted awake to three knocks on my door.
I assumed it was my mom coming home, but as i passed through the living room she was asleep on the couch. I opened the door hesitantly and in an instant dan was in my arms. Without thinking twice i hugged him as hard as i could. I barely even noticed the car engine start, and dans ride leave.

Dan kept repeating broken "I love you" between sobs and i shushed him.

"Its ok, i love you too, its ok." I reassured him, his fingers digging into my shirt. I ended up picking him up bridal style and carrying him up to my bed. I laid him down and crawled in next to him, pulling him closer to my chest. The broken breathing was replaced with a steady rhythm. I hugged him closer to me and fell asleep again, my pastel prince in my arms.

^^^^

I woke up at 5 am, dan still asleep beside me. I watched him for a minute. His breathing was so steady and his eyes were still puffy from only a few hours ago. Still, i smiled. I got up and started my adventure downstairs for some good shit, cereal. When I got to the bottom of the stairs a light blinded me. The tv was on. I tiptoed over to the couch and my mom was crying.

"Mom?" Was all i could say  I didnt know what to ask.

"Oh," she jumped and fumbled for the remote, giving up shortly, "philly, you scared me."

"Sorry, um, are you ok?" I questioned hesitantly, afraid of the answer at this point.

"Oh god phil. I don't know how to say this..."

My stomach dropped.