chapter twenty six

*Phils pov*
Dan looked frozen. His eyes stared daggers into the window as the woman pulled the curtains back.

"Dan, honey, are you going to be ok," I put my hand on his and queezed it tight.

He looked at me and took a deep breath, "I think so."

"Im right here. You dont even have to speak to her. Just get in, get your things, and get out if thats what you want."

"Shes gonna wanna know whats happening, and im just not ready. I don't even know whats happening."

"I can explain after we get on the road ok?"

Dan nodded, I nodded back. We opened the car doors and stepped out onto the pavement. The front door was opened for us by Dans mum and aunt. Dan pushed past them as his mother tried to talk to him. He was stone faced until we got to his room and I closed the door.

"God phil, why the hell is she here? What the fuck does she want?" His eyes started tearing up and I pulled him into a hug

"Shh, dan, its gonna be ok, itll be ok."

He nodded into my chest and we stood there for a bit. Soon he began shoving his things into a mint green duffel bag. I watched him as jumper after jumper was put into the bag, then flower crowns, then converse, then other bags, and finally a small photo album. He zipped up the bag.

"Im ready." He looked hesitantly at his door.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed,"Lets go."

We walked out of dans bedroom and into the beige livingroom. His mom and aunt were standing in front of the doorway.

"Dan..." his mum looked at him and cupped her hands over her mouth. Tears started welling up in her eyes.

I looked at dan and saw the similarities between the two. He was already crying.
I grabbed his bag and moved over to where his aunt was. We watched.

"Dan baby, im...im s-o...so sorry." His mum choked out.

"I...I..." Dan didnt have to say anything. She knew. He hugged her so tightly and they cried so much.

I stood awkwardly off to the side not really knowing what to do.

So I hung around for a bit, Dan's aunt and I introduced ourselves to each other and watched the tear fest unfold, it made me a little watery eyed too. I understood.

After all the goodbyes and such, dan and i finally got back into my car.

"You ok?" I asked.

He smiled, " Im ok."

"Okay."

"Okay."

I started the car and started driving down the road. We talked about why I left and the towns we passed, where dan used to live and why his mom came back. After an hour or two of driving dan turned to me.

"Phil, where exactly are we going?"

"An apartment."

"Whose apartment?"

"Technically, our apartment."

"Wat????"

"Leased it almost a year ago, technically my dads been paying the rent on it, but im fixing that when we get there."

"Where the hell are you gonna get money to pay for it???"

"Youtube ;)"

The end.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thats it, that's the end. This story is officially completed. Thank you for all the support but i needed this to be over. It haunted me that I could never finish it and now its done!! Sorry the ending is kinda shit but you know, oh well. Happy holidays.
Its crazy how popular this book has gotten and Im taking now to thank everyone who took their time to read it. Yall mean so much to me. Ily. - l.v.