CHAPTER TWENTY

╔═══════════════╗
Ephemeral
Chapter Twenty
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

                         "Come on, Carter. How bad can it be?" Carter looked sharply toward the brunette beside her, eyebrow raised in questioning. "Scott could be with another girl. I could get alcohol poisoning. My mother could catch me." Kaitlin rolled her eyes, books clutched tightly to her chest. She wasn't the smartest. She was failing most classes, except art and chemistry. She loved parties and was always getting hit on due to her bubbly personality. "Cee, your mom isn't even in town this week!" The strawberry blonde outwardly groaned, slamming hee locker door shut. "Fine! Whatever." She squealed, pressing a quick kiss to her friend's cheek. "I love you!"

After agreeing, and her confession, she jogged off to art class in her combat boots that squeaked once they hit the tile flooring. Carter let out another groan, letting her head hit her locker. She was going to regret this so much.

"A party? I don't know, Elena," Carter admitted, watching as the brunette went through her closet. She and Bonnie had met her mother and Margaret absolutely loved them. Bonnie was sitting in the window sill, eyes glued to her grandmother's grimore. The strawberry blonde lay on her stomach, looking up at Elena. She moved with grace, picking up clothes and setting them back. It was about noon, and Caroline called about another party. Matt and Tyler were going. Everybody was going. "I like blue," she suggested, rolling over onto her back. Her hair hung like a curtain over the side of her bed.

Elena turned to the girl and wiggled her eyebrows. "Matt's favorite color." She threw a pillow at her, squealing. "Stop!" She laughed, kicking the small pillow in the air. "Okay, okay," she laughed out, turning back to the closet. Bonnie toed her leg, a smile spread across her face. "Not you too!" She finally closed her book, dark skin shining in the sunlight. She was absolutely beautiful, and so was Elena. Carter felt like nothing compared to them. "You are coming, right?" Bonnie asked, plopping down onto the bed beside the girl. Her hair fanned out around her head, dark mixing with light. "I don't know."