CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

╔═══════════════╗
Ephemeral
Chapter Fifty-Eight
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

       "Bonnie!" Carter screamed, running through the halls to embrace the witch. She grunted at contact, her body practically crushing hers. "I missed you so much," she told her, tears pricking her eyes. She hugged the girl tighter, squeezing her eyes shut. "I missed you too," she told her, releasing her from her grasp. "How are you after everything? You better?" She nodded in response with a tight lipped smile. "Little bit, I guess." Carter's heart beat for her, breaking each time the rhythm continued. She wrapped her arms around her once more, smoothing down her dark hair. "I'm always here for you, babe. Okay? You can text, call, show up any time you want." She squeezed Carter once more, nodding her head. "Thanks, Carter. I don't know what I would do without you."

A laugh passed her plump lips as she pulled away. "You would keep being a badass witch and save the world. That's what you would do." She slid her hands from the dark haired girl's shoulders down her arms and grasped her hands in her own. "You'd still be the beautiful and sneaky Bonnie Bennett." She glanced over her shoulder, her body going stiff. Bailey stood at a locker, biting down on her lip, staring straight at the strawberry blonde. "Hey.. Are you okay?" Bonnie asked. The Harmon only nodded, tearing her eyes away from her old friend to glance back at the witch. "I'm fine. A lot has happened while you've been gone. Its crazy." She felt this chill run down her spine at the simple thought of mentioning any of the occurences to Bonnie. Something just didn't feel right.

"Bonnie!" We both turned around to spot Jackson running down the hall, picking the fragile girl up in a tight embrace. "You've been gone so long, love. How are you? Are you feeling better?" he heckled her, running his fingers through her hair. Carter raised an eyebrow at the sudden blush coloring her cheeks as she nodded. "Not like you don't already know. You texted me every day," she retorted, the British boy laughing in response. "I care about you, s'all. You know that." He turned to look at the girl's confused expression, his own crossing his features. "What?" he asked, but Carter just shook her head. Weird. "Well, I should be off, then. I'll see you two in class." He kissed Bonnie's head, then moved to kiss Carter's.