CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

╔═══════════════╗
Ephemeral
Chapter Thirty-Eight
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

                            Kaitlin trailed Caroline as soon as the trio got to the car wash deal. She was dressed in a small red bathing suit and denim shorts that were ripped along the pockets. Jackson rocked a pair of dark Ray Bans on his face, wearing a white and blue striped tank top. His swim trunks were a navy color with yellow stripes across the bottom of the legs. Carter pulled her tank top over her head to reveal the nude colored bikini she had just recently bought, tossing the fabric in the backseat of her car. Across the lot she could see Stefan and Elena, both talking happily with smiles on their faces. She couldn't stop this sour taste from entering her mouth when the two proceeded to kiss. She turned her attention toward the fundraiser, spotting Bonnie and Matt cleaning a car.

The strawberry blonde bounded over, slipping between her boyfriend and the car. A smile spread across his face at her actions, his hand dropping the damp rag onto the hood. "Hello, boyfriend," she hummed, earning a light peck to the cheek. "Hello, girlfriend." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders with a dimpled smile. He appreciated the action, slipping his hands into the back pockets of her jean shorts. "Get a room," Bonnie teased, rolling her eyes at the couple lovingly staring at one another. Carter poked her tongue out at the beautiful girl, slipping from his grasp. She took over his rag, scrubbing at the dirty red vehicle, soap squeezing through her fingers.

"Oh, Tiki, this one's yours," Bonnie told the other girl who wore a bathing suit that hardly covered anything, pointing at the junky car. Tiki grimaced, her hand on her hip. "Why do I always get the homely ones? Just to be clear, your car is a P.O.S. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S." The boy driving the car looked away, a sad expression on his face. The small girl turned to look at Matt, who was shaking his head at her words. "You don't have to be rude," she spat at her, dropping the rag in the bucket beside her. She rolled her eyes, walking toward the car. "Rude is uglying up the road with that junk."

Carter had to bite her tongue to keep her words in when she noticed Bonnie's eyes turning to slits. Just as Tiki reached into the bucket to grab a rag, the water exploded into her face, causing the dark skinned girl to scream. Matt's laughter rang through the air at the scene, Tiki storming off in her weaved wedges. "Bonnie," Carter whispered, catching the girl's attention. A smile crossed her lips as the two locked gazes, excitement bubbling behind them. "Wet and wild, Tik!" Matt called after her with humor filled laughter, his hand pressing to the small of his girlfriend's back. "I did it," she squeaked from behind the girl, going back to washing the current car the three had under their watch.