CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

╔═══════════════╗
Ephemeral
Chapter Twenty-Four
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

                                   Bonnie came in thirty minutes after Elena and Carter started lunch. Carter hadn't even realized that they had slept so long. With bread slices placed on plates and sandwich makings spread out across the counter, Elena started informing Bonnie on what had happened. The dark skinned girl looked at the strawberry blonde, knowing in her heart that something was wrong with her. "I can ask Grams if she's heard of this," she suggested, and Carter only nodded shyly. Then she could ask Bonnie how to break it to Elena. She bit her lip, slapping some turkey onto a slice of bread.

"So, Bon Bon. How was your night?" she asked, spreading mayo onto the other slice. She laughed, but only shrugged. "I just hung out with Caroline. She was really torn up last night. Her date ditched her right after you two left." A chill shook Carter's body, the butter knife slipping from her grip. "Carter?" Elena spoke, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. Bonnie reached forward, hand touching hers. A gasp slipped past her own lips causing her to retract her hand rapidly. "Bonnie?" Carter looked towards Bonnie to see that she was already looking back at her. Her brown eyes were wide, mouth hung open in shock. "What is going on with you two?" Elena questioned, slamming her palm down on the counter. She gave Bonnie a pleading look before dropping her gaze back onto her sandwich.

"Caroline was crying, asking why she was never the first choice. It was awkward. Especially when she left with Matt." Carter's head snapped up, eyes narrowed. "She left with Matt?" Bonnie only nodded, popping a piece of cheese into her mouth. "He drove her home." Elena gave Carter a quick smile. "Don't worry about it, Cee. He likes you," Elena assured the girl. Just then, the events of last night crawled back into her memory. "I hope he likes me. He is my boyfriend," she confessed nonchalantly, laying a slice of cheese over my bread.

Once finishing her sandwich, and getting scared by the quiet room, the strawberry blonde dressed in an oversized pink shirt and shorts looked up to see her two friends looking at her with excited smiles. "Oh my God!" Bonnie squealed, throwing her sandwich onto her plate and racing to the girl's side. "Carter has a boyfriend!" Elena cheered as the two girls enveloped her into a tight hug. A laugh flew out of her mouth, her body shaking against theirs. "That means I should say something, right?" Elena questioned her, looking her dead in the face. Carter raised a questionable brow herself, motioning for Elena to elaborate. "Stefan has been so...vague lately. I think he's hiding something from me."