A crush.

"Hey, hey. Did you hear about Obito Uchiha? That's really sad, what happened to him. I feel bad for his teammates..." Kakashi sat underneath a tree, reading a book on ninja skills, as two women passed by, talking about his dead teammate. Why can't you talk somewhere else? Why do you all have to talk about him like he never really existed in the first place? He was my best friend... Kakashi thought. "I heard that that Hatake boy, um, Kakashi was it? I heard he and that Rin girl tried to save him. Too bad it was useless. It would've been a miracle if they'd saved him." The women kept on talking, ignoring the fact that Kakshi was right there. "Excuse me," Kakashi said, "I'm trying to study. Could you leave?" The women only looked at him. Then one of the women whispered, "I think that's that Hatake boy..." Then they left, murmuring amongst each other. Kakashi sighed. Ever since Obito had died, the whole village had been talking about what had happened. Kakashi hated it. Oh well. It'll probably blow over in a week. He thought. He went back to studying for about ten minutes before Rin came and interrupted him. "Hey Kakashi..." She said. She sounded really sad. "What's up?" He asked, smiling kindly underneath his mask. "I don't like how people are talking about Obito... it's not fair... we... I couldn't save him..." Rin said, a tear rolling down her face. Kakashi closed his book and put a hand on Rin's shoulder. "You tried your hardest, Rin. That's what counts the most. Don't feel bad. I know it's still a little early, but we need to move on and live in Obito's place. Do you think you can do that?" Kakashi said. Rin was crying silently. She nodded her head slowly, wiping tears from her face. "I'll try..." She whispered. "Good. Let's do our best, Rin." Kakashi said.

Later on that day, Kakashi was walking around the village, looking at shops, when he noticed a beautiful girl with stunning light blue hair and brilliant orange eyes. He'd never seen her before and she was about his age, 15. Kakashi wanted to go ask her name, but was too shy. After a few minutes, he got up the courage to go and introduce himself. "H-hello. I'm Hatake Kakashi. What's your name?" Kakashi asked. The girl turned and looked at him. Kakashi's heart skipped a beat. She was even more beautiful up close. "Kaori. Kaori Suiren. It means Water lily. My name, I mean." Said Suiren. "That's a beautiful name. It suits you very well." Kakashi said. Suiren blushed a little. "Y-you really think so?" She asked. "Of course. You're beautiful. Especially your eyes. They remind me of water lily's in autumn." Kakashi said. I should really get going... but... I don't want to leave... Kakashi thought. "Um, w-would you like to go get some tea with me?" Kakashi asked. "Sure!" Suiren said enthusiastically. Kakashi and Suiren went to a nearby tea house and chatted until the sun started to set. "Oh my gosh! It's already so late! I have to go. Thank you for this, Hatake-san." Suiren said, standing up from her seat. Kakashi stood up as well. "It was nothing, Kaori-san. Would you mind having lunch with me tomorrow?" Kakashi asked. "Sure. What time?" Suiren asked. "How about one o'clock?" Kakshi said. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then." With that, they parted ways and went home.