In the mist 2

Later on that day, Kakashi stood up carefully, using the tree he had been resting against as support. As he got up though, one of his wounds reopened, and he yelled in pain. "Aahhh!" He slumped down onto the ground, clutching his side. "Kakashi!?What's wrong!?" Suiren asked, running over to him. "N-nothing... I'm fine..." He said, his face twisted with pain. "You're not fine! Don't push yourself, Kakashi." Suiren said, helping him up. Hiro came over and looked at Kakashi's wounds. He had brought some of the poultice he had been making. He unwrapped the bandages and put the poultice on Kakashi's reopened wound. Then he changed out the bandages. As Suiren helped Kakashi over to the fire, she wondered if they would ever complete the mission. Kakashi looked at Suiren, worry written all across her face. "Sorry." He whispered. Suiren glanced at him. "What for? You haven't done anything wrong. I'm... I'm glad that I was able to kill that man. He was hurting you, and... I didn't want that." Suiren said. "I'll be right back. Kokuyōseki and I are gonna go pick some berries. Love you, Kakashi!" She said, sprinting off towards Kokuyōseki. Kakashi smiled and waved as the girls left to pick berries, and he noticed that Jacques was being dragged along with them. Kakashi gave a pitying smile to him as he left with the girls. "You shouldn't move for a few days, much less try to make a water clone." Hiro said, sitting beside Kakashi. Kakashi jumped and looked to his left to see Hiro tending to the fire. "I know. I just wanted to be of some help to Suiren. I'm really worried." Kakashi said. Hiro nodded. "I understand how you feel, Kakashi. But honestly, you need to take care of yourself before you worry about taking care of Suiren." Hiro said. Kakashi stood up carefully and made the signs for a water clone. Once again, the clone started taking form, but a sudden pain in his leg caused him to lose focus and the clone dissipated. "Gaaack!" Kakashi yelled, falling to the ground. As he began to fall, Hiro caught him and set him gently down on the ground. "I told you, you shouldn't be doing anything with your chakra at the moment. You need to rest. Go ahead and sleep, I'll keep watch." Hiro said. Kakashi nodded and lay down on the ground.

Meanwhile, the girls and Jacques were out picking blueberries. "Hey, Kokuyōseki, how about this one? It looks ok." Suiren said, pointing to a blueberry. Kokuyōseki walked over and looked closely at the berry. "Mmm... No. It has a funny colour to it, so I wouldn't pick it. By the way, why don't we give each other nicknames?" Kokuyōseki said, turning to look at Suiren. Suiren smiled. "Yeah. How about I call you Koku-chan?" She said, moving to another bunch of berries. "Alright, and I'll call you Su-chan. Oh, these ones are ripe!" Kokuyōseki said, pointing to a whole bunch of berries. "Um... girls, shouldn't we pick some different berries as well...? I think we have enough blueberries..." Said Jacques, who was holding their bags. The girls looked at him and then at each other. Their eyes brightened and they shouted the same word at the exact same time. "Strawberries!" Jacques sweat dropped and followed the girls halfheartedly as they skipped ahead, looking for strawberries. As the sun started to set, the girls and Jacques started to head back to their campsite, their bags full of berries. When Suiren saw that Kakashi was on the ground beside a drying puddle of water, she quickly walked over to Hiro to ask what had happened. Hiro explained that Kakashi had tried to make a clone for the second time that day. Kakashi moved in his sleep, mumbling something about Suiren. Suiren caught what he had said and her cheeks coloured slightly. As night fell, the fire burned brightly and everyone was eating. The girls had shown off their big haul of berries to Kakashi and Hiro. Kakashi had responded to this by getting annoyed and asking the girls how they were going to fit their equipment in their bags with all the berries they had. Off in the distance, a man with a kabuki mask was watching the group from a distance, plotting their deaths.