Caught off guard

"Kakashi, what are you doing here?" Asked one of the figures. Kakashi stood still for a moment, and slowly reached out for Suiren's hand in case they needed to get away quickly. "We're just taking a walk." He said, getting ready to run. "Who's this with you?" The other figure asked. Kakashi narrowed his eyes, noting how much time this might take if they were there too long. "A good friend." He said, and started walking away from the figures. "Have a good night." As soon as he was sure they were out of sight, he pulled Suiren along and started running, checking their surroundings often. The snow started falling faster, the wind picking up. As they began nearing the edge of Konoha territory, they ran into the prison guards. It almost seemed like they were waiting for Kakashi and Suiren
"What are you two doing so close to the border? Especially at night?" Asked one of the guards. Suiren reached slowly into her pouch on her leg, putting her fingers on several throwing stars. Kakashi frowned, knowing that there was no way they could talk their way out of this. When they didn't answer, the guards pulled out their weapons, and began to charge at Kakashi and Suiren.
Thinking quickly, Suiren pulled out the throwing stars and hurled them at the guards. Two hit their targets, and the rest fell to the ground. Grabbing Suiren's hand, Kakashi ran off into the forest, holding a kunai in his other hand, the guards hot on their trail. Jumping upwards, Kakashi lead Suiren into the trees, leaping from branch to branch.
"Suiren, I need you to go back when I tell you to. It's important that you heed my every word!" Kakashi said, stopping in the branches of a great sycamore tree.

Back in Konoha, Kokuyōseki was looking out the window of her hospital room, wondering if Suiren would come to see her again the next day. There was a knock on the door.
"Miss Yama? You have a visitor." Said a nurse.
"Come in." Kokuyōseki said, returning her gaze to the window. Jacques walked over to the bed, waving the nurse off. "You know you don't have to come every day, right...?" Jacques smiled and sat beside her, gently resting a hand on Kokuyōseki's shoulder. "I have something I'd like to tell you. I'd like to take you for a walk tomorrow after lunch." Kokuyōseki looked at him, confused. Jacques smiled. "Don't worry. It'll be fine." He said.
They spent the rest of their visit playing cards, with Kokuyōseki struggling to hold her cards due to her arm. Jacques would smile and laugh when she tried to play a card. She smiled back, and then asked him for help getting the card out. Before long, it was time for Jacques to leave, as visiting hours were over. Kokuyōseki put her hand on Jacques' for a moment before he left. "I'm... looking forward to tomorrow. So stay safe on your way home, ok?" She asked, looking into his jade green eyes. He smiled and ruffled her hair gently. "Don't worry. I'll be ok."

Suiren hid in the branches of the sycamore tree, a kunai in hand, ready to head back to where the guards had been waiting for them. Patiently, she waited for Kakashi's signal. There was silence in the forest, only birds and other creatures that lived there. Every sense Suiren possessed was sharpened and ready, her body positioned to leap out onto the branches in front of her. "CHICKADEE!" Kakashi shouted from his place on an open branch. That was it. The signal. Suiren sprung out of the tree, jumping from branch to branch. Her heart racing in her chest, she pressed on, ever worried about Kakashi.

The guards were in sight. Kakashi smirked under his mask. "CHICKADEE!" He shouted. Immediately after, he heard the rustling of leaves and saw Suiren emerging from the sycamore. Quickly forming hand signs, he sprung into action. Moving his headband from over his left eye, he began watching the guards' moves, copying them and throwing them back with his own moves. Kunai and throwing stars littered the ground that they fought on. After countless attacks and counter moves, Kakashi began to feel his chakra draining. He was exhausted. Kakashi paused, calculating his surroundings, when he noticed that one of the guards was gone. Fearing the worst, he began to make his way to where they had spotted the guards, the way he had sent Suiren. No! They can't get to her! It's crucial that she gets to her father! Kakashi thought, picking up speed.

By the time Kakashi got to the spot they had started at, he could already see Suiren. However, she looked lost. Her eyes weren't seeing what was in front of her, they were focused on something else. "Suiren!" At the sound of her name, she turned and looked at Kakashi, her eyes fixed on him. "What's wrong, Kakashi?" She asked. He frowned and pulled his headband back over his eye, looking behind him for the guard who had pursued him. They were alone, for now. "Suiren, we need to find your father. Have you found anything that might lead us to him?" Suiren thought for a moment, looking around again to see if she'd missed anything. Before she could open her mouth, Kakashi was shoving her into the mouth of a small cave and covering her mouth as well as his own.

Suiren did her best to keep quiet, although she was unsure as to what they were hiding from. After a few minutes, Kakashi relaxed, and Suiren stretched, only to fall backwards into the entryway of a small tunnel. "Ow...!" Rubbing her head, she got up and examined the tunnel, showing Kakashi the tunnel as well. "I think we should go in." Suiren said, getting ready to crawl through. Kakashi put a hand on her shoulder to stop her as she was starting to go in. "What do you think we'll find in there?" He asked. She paused for a moment. Then, she spoke with confidence, "My father." She said, simply, continuing to crawl through.