A crack in the mirror.

"Move!" Suiren said, pulling out a kunai and dodging the man's attack. Kokuyōseki jumped to the right and landed safely onto another tree. Suiren dropped the blanket that she had been using onto the tree branch and landed in another tree. Quickly, Kokuyōseki formed seals and began to attack. "Earth style, super stone fist!" She said, landing a hard blow to the man's head. Then, panting heavily, Suiren joined in with her four shark bomb and hit the man directly, only to find that the man was a shadow replication. "W-what the?" Suiren said, still panting from the sudden movement. Suiren shifted her weight towards the tree trunk, resting a little. Then, the same man appeared and attacked her. Suiren stumbled backwards and tried to dodge as the man thrust a kunai inches away from her face. Suiren fell off the tree, just missing being stabbed by the man's kunai. Kokuyōseki caught her and brought her back up to the trees, setting her down carefully. "You ok, Suiren?" Kokuyōseki asked. "Y-yeah. I'm fine." Suiren replied, shaking from her near death experience. She stood up and brought her kunai up to eye level. "Let's go." Suiren said. The girls then attacked the man, working like a well oiled machine. Two strikes for Kokuyōseki, two for Suiren. Kunai struck kunai, and ninjutsu was exchanged between users. The battle drew on, both girls getting more tired by the second. Finally, the girls both jumped onto a different tree branch. "Suiren, we need to end this. Now." Kokuyōseki said, panting heavily. Suiren was shaking all over, her muscles fatigued from such sudden use after her scare. The man then formed symbols that Suiren and Kokuyōseki had never seen before. "Nighty night, girlies." The man said, smirking evilly. Suiren jumped towards the man, kunai in hand, and struck him. Pain stabbed through her side and she realized that he had grabbed shuriken to protect himself. "Gaaah!" Suiren yelled. "Suiren!" Kokuyōseki called, jumping in to save her. On her way there, she kicked the man backwards and he fell. Quickly, before the man could recover from the fall, Suiren threw several shuriken at the man. They landed in his chest and the man howled in pain. Then, Suiren grabbed another kunai and threw it at his throat, crushing his windpipe and killing him. The man then landed on the ground far below in the snow, dead. The girls collapsed onto the tree branch they had been standing on, panting heavily. They were exhausted from their battle and wounded. There was a thump on the nearest tree and the girls looked up, dreading another enemy. But it was only Kakashi, heavily wounded and panting with exhaustion.

"Kakashi, what took you so long? Why are you hurt?" Suiren asked, panting. Kakashi pointed towards the dead man on the ground below. "I think he was the one who put you in genjutsu, Suiren. I also think he was one of Ginsei's men." Kakashi said. "So... what I saw... was genjutsu...?" Suiren asked, mostly to herself. Kakashi nodded. "Yes. Kokuyōseki dispelled the genjutsu and I went to go find who did that to you." Kakashi explained. Suiren smiled. "Thank you, Kakashi." She said. Kakashi smiled back weakly. "No problem, Suiren." He said. "Suiren, do you mind if I tend to Kakashi's wounds? I'm not as wounded, so I should be able to do basic first aid." Kokuyōseki said. Suiren nodded and Kokuyōseki took out a small first aid kit. She wrapped Kakashi's wounds with bandages and then proceeded to treat Suiren's wounds. Once their wounds had been taken care of, they moved quite a ways away from the man's dead body and built a fire. There, they rested and recovered most of their chakra. "We should probably get going soon." Suiren mumbled sleepily. She was resting her head on Kakashi's shoulder. Kakashi was holding Suiren's hand, his grip tight, as if he never wanted to let go of her hand. Just then, Kokuyōseki cleared her throat. "We need to get going. It's almost midday." She said, standing up. She then threw snow onto the fire until it was out. Suiren let go of Kakashi's hand and stood up slowly. Kakashi stood up as well and stretched, only to wince at the pain in his back. "Ah... he got me real good..." He mumbled to himself. "Hm? Did you say something Kakashi?" Suiren asked. "No, it's nothing." He replied, gathering up his things. Once everything had been packed away, the three of them moved on towards Ginsei's hideout, which was becoming visible in the distance.