Difficult choices

Kakashi and Suiren had lunch the next day and talked for quite a while afterwards. "Hey, Hatake-san, why do you always wear that mask?" Suiren asked. Kakashi stiffened. No body had ever bothered to ask before. "U-um... Well... I don't want anyone to identify the real me just yet... but I can make an exception for you if you'd like..." Kakashi said, blushing under the mask. "Oh, no. It's ok. If it's for personal reasons, I don't want to be a bother." Suiren said. Out of nowhere came a puff of smoke and Minato, Kakashi's teacher. "Kakashi, you and Rin are going on a mission tomorrow. Meet at the training grounds. Don't be late." Minato said. Kakashi nodded and Minato disappeared in another puff of smoke. "Kaori-san, would you mind training with me?" Kakashi asked Suiren. "Sure. I'm going on a mission soon too. So why not?" They got up and Kakashi paid for their food. Then they headed over to the training grounds. They sparred until neither had the strength to stand up. "You're amazing Kakashi..." Suiren said. Then she realized that she had called him by his first name without asking. "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to call you by your first name, I didn't even ask. I'm sorry." She apologized. Kakashi blushed again. "N-no, it's fine. You can call me Kakashi." He said. Suiren smiled and Kakashi thought he saw her blush a little. "Ok. Then... you can call me Suiren."

The two sat beside each other under a tree for a while, resting from their intense training. "You know," Kakashi said, "I've never seen you before yesterday. Did you just move to Konoha?" Suiren smiled. "Yeah. My parents decided they'd had enough of our old village. So they requested to move here about a month ago. I got here early. My parents arrived yesterday. I was kinda just getting my stuff unpacked so yesterday was my first time outside in a little while. I had a lot of fun yesterday and today. Thank you, Kakashi." Suiren said. "You're welcome, Suiren. By the way, what village did you come from?" Kakashi asked. "The village in the mist." Suiren replied. "I see. Well, I've lived in Konoha all my life." Kakashi said. Just then, Rin came up to the two of them. "Oh. I didn't know you were training with anyone today Kakashi..." Rin said, sounding a little hurt. Strange, why is she sad? I thought I talked to her about living on in Obito's place. Kakashi stood up. Suiren stood as well. "Rin, this is Suiren. Suiren, this is Rin." Kakashi said, introducing the two girls. The girls shook hands and smiled at each other. "I was just training with Suiren here. She's really strong. Anyway, what did you come here for?" Kakashi asked. "Oh, I was coming to remind you that we have a mission tomorrow and I was hoping we could train together. But it looks like you're really tired, so I'll just go home and get ready for our mission." Rin said, turning around to leave. She turned her head for a moment to say:"It was nice to meet you, Suiren-chan!" Then she left, and Kakashi was once again alone with Suiren. "Well, I should go home too." Suiren said. "I'll walk you home." Kakashi said. "Oh, that's ok-" Kakashi interrupted her. "I insist." Suiren looked at him for a moment. "All right. I guess it won't hurt anything." She said. Then they left the training grounds and left for Suiren's house. Kakashi dropped off Suiren and her parents thanked him for bringing her home safely. After that, he went to his own house.