I love you...? Maybe?

Kakashi and Suiren walked around the festival grounds and quite a few times, they would hear people saying what a cute couple they were. So Suiren had let go of Kakashi's arm and walked on her own. "So what do you wanna do first, Suiren?" Kakashi asked. He stopped and turned around. Suiren was standing in front of the goldfish stand. Goldfish, huh? Alright, let's see how many I can get. Kakashi thought, paying for a paper net at the stand. "Eh, Kakashi? You're going to try?" Suiren asked. "Yup. I wanna see how many I can get for you." He said. Two seconds later he realized what he'd said. "I mean...! Never mind..." Kakashi said, blushing. He caught fifteen goldfish in one try without breaking the paper net once. "Wow! Kakashi, you're amazing!" Suiren cheered. He let fourteen of the goldfish go back and kept one. He gave it to Suiren, blushing a deep red under his mask. "H-here..." He said. "Thank you Kakashi." Suiren said. She took the bag with the fish in it and they walked on to the next stand.

Two months after the festival, Suiren and Kakashi had become best friends and were growing closer every day. Whenever they could, they would spend as much time as they could with each other. Training, talking, missions. During those two months, Kakashi grew more and more aware of how he was feeling towards Suiren. Was it just a crush? He couldn't say. Did he like her as a really good friend? No, that wasn't all of it. Did he love her? Maybe. He wasn't sure yet, but he had a strong feeling that he loved her. Every time they were close to each other or in the same room together his heart raced. He wanted her to see his face. He trusted her more than anyone. Should I tell her how I feel? No, she'll think it's a joke. I'll hold off for a bit longer. He thought. A week later, he asked Suiren to meet him at their favourite restaurant.

When they had sat down in the restaurant, they ordered a small meal and waited for their food. Kakashi took a deep breath. "Suiren. I need to tell you something really important later. Is that ok with you?" Kakashi asked. Suiren nodded. "Of course, Kakashi." Their food came and they ate in silence. Sometimes they would say something, but often it was just a quick opinion. After they had eaten, Kakashi paid for their food and they went for a walk around Konoha. I have to time everything just right. Kakashi told himself. They went to clothing stores and toy stores. Finally, the sun was starting to set and the stars were coming out. They went to the training grounds finally to spar for a few minutes. Then, they sat underneath a tree. Now is the perfect time! Kakashi thought. He got up and faced Suiren. Suiren stood as well. "Suiren. About what I said earlier. That really important thing I had to tell you? I'll tell you right now." He paused. "I think... I think that, I love you." Kakashi said, blushing a deep crimson.