Unexpected encounters

"Kakashi, I've got a really bad feeling about staying here for the night-" Suiren started. Then Kokuyōseki screamed. What happened? Intruders!? Both Kakashi and Suiren ran back to their camp spot, to find Kokuyōseki unharmed. "What is going on? Why did you scream?" Kakashi asked. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I accidentally dropped one of the blankets in the fire. It looks like one of us will have to share a blanket now..." Kokuyōseki said, smirking in Suiren's direction. Suiren glared at her, noticing that it was obviously not an accident. "Well, I guess that means that Suiren will be sharing my blanket with me tonight. Oh and Kokuyōseki? You have first watch tonight." Kakashi said. "What!? That's not fair! Suiren's a big girl now. I'm sure she can sleep without her dear boyfriend. Why don't you and I share the blanket instead?" Kokuyōseki said seductively. Kakashi narrowed his one visible eye. "No." He said firmly. Yes! Two points for me! Suiren thought. Later on that night, Kakashi and Suiren were lying side by side, talking. "Kakashi, I think we should really start moving out at first light. I really don't like how crowded of a space we're in..." Suiren said worriedly. "Well, everything's fine right now. There's no need to worry." Kakashi said.

Later on that night, Kokuyōseki woke Suiren up for her turn to watch over the camp. Suiren shivered as the cold air hit her skin. She gently kissed Kakashi's face and tucked the blanket back over him. Don't catch a cold, Kakashi. She thought, smiling. Just then, more snow hit her nose and she looked up. There, against the moonlight, was a shadowy figure. What the!? "Kokuyōseki!" Suiren whispered. "Mmm... what is it?" She asked, getting up. Suiren pointed to the figure and Kokuyōseki looked up. Her eyes widened. Shit, this is bad... Suiren thought, waking Kakashi. Kakashi slowly sat up, a kunai ready in his hand. Kokuyōseki sat still, wondering what she would do, when a kunai hit close to her leg. I can't do this! I'm not ready! Another kunai flew through the air, about to hit Kokuyōseki. "Water style, water wall!" Suiren shouted. A wall of water surrounded Kokuyōseki. "W-wha...? Why... did you save me?" Kokuyōseki asked. "Because. You're my teammate. We've all gotta make it back home." Suiren said, smiling. Kokuyōseki smiled back. "You better watch your back. I might just take Kakashi away from you at this point." Kokuyōseki said. Suiren ignored her and started to fight. Kakashi had already begun, copying Suiren's strongest moves and launching them at the enemy. Water style, twin mirrors, four shark bomb! Suiren's move came blasting out and hit the enemy, knocking him to the ground. Earth style, sphere of graves! Water style, giant ocean! At last, they captured the man and tied him to a tree. It would be a while before the man woke up, so they built up the fire again and waited. When the man had woken up, Kakashi questioned him in private. "Why did you save me back there? I mean, I know we have to all go back to Konoha safely, but, I thought you hated me." Kokuyōseki said. Suiren sighed. "It's not that I hate you. I just don't want anyone taking Kakashi away from me. Right now, you're my teammate, and I protect my teammates, even at the cost of my life." Suiren said. In the distance, they heard a man scream. The girls shivered. Kakashi came back a few minutes later with blood on him. "Kakashi... did you... kill him?" Suiren asked. "I did. He was part of Ginsei's gang. We were ordered to kill him and his followers, so I killed that man who came after us." Kakashi explained, sitting down. He then washed the blood off in the snow, turning it a light pink. "One down, a lot more to go." Kokuyōseki said. Kakashi nodded, acknowledging what she had said. Then, he started to pack up their things. "Put the fire out and make sure you eliminate all traces that we were here." Kakashi said. The girls nodded and put snow on the fire until it went out. Then, they packed up their things, surveyed the area, and left.