Rin Nohara's death.

"I heard she jumped in to save her teammate from making a wrong decision and got killed. Isn't that an awful way to die?" Shut up... Stop talking... Leave me alone! Kakashi thought. Rin had died on their mission and now, Kakashi was alone. Minato had had to go on a separate mission and wasn't able to go with them. Minato sensei would've stopped her... she would be alive right now if Minato sensei had been with us. It's all my fault... Kakashi thought. Then, unknown to Kakashi, Suiren came and sat beside him. "Kakashi." Kakashi jumped. Looking to his right he saw Suiren. "Oh. Suiren. I didn't see you there. What is it?" He said. "I'm so sorry. I know it wasn't your fault. I feel so bad for you. I wish I could've known Rin-chan better. She was your best friend, right? I heard about Obito as well. I'm sorry for your loss." Suiren said. "It's fine. It's just like I told Rin the other day. I need to live on in their place." Kakashi said. Suiren nodded. "That's a good way to put it. Why don't we go somewhere?"

There was a festival that night and Suiren wanted to go. Kakashi had agreed to go with her to the festival as her escort. "That's silly! We're going as friends, obviously! I'm a ninja too, y'know! I know how to protect myself! Honestly..." Suiren said, annoyed. Oops. Maybe I should've just agreed to go. Kakashi thought. "Sorry, Suiren." He said. Suiren sighed heavily. "It's fine. But you have to come pick me up early." She said. Kakashi nodded. "Got it." He said, smiling under his mask.

At around 5:30 Kakashi arrived at Suiren's house to pick her up. Her mother answered the door. "Oh, Hatake-kun. You're a little early, aren't you?" Mrs. Kaori said. "It's my punishment." He replied simply. "Oh. I see, well come in and make yourself comfortable. It's a little messy. I hope you don't mind." She said. "Not at all." Kakashi said, stepping inside the house. He sat down on a chair and waited for Suiren. When she came down the stairs, Kakashi looked up and saw a beautiful girl in a stunning yukata. "You look great." He commented. They left the house with Suiren holding on to Kakashi's arm for support. Kakashi was blushing a deep red the entire way to the festival grounds. "I'm glad you said you'd come, Kakashi. I was worried you'd say no." Suiren said. "Why would I say no to my friend?" Kakashi asked. "I-I don't know. I guess it's just a girl thing. We worry about a lot of unnecessary stuff I guess..." Suiren replied. Kakashi took that moment to look at her and noticed that she was blushing. "Do you want to see my face...?" Kakashi asked out of nowhere. "Eh? You mean... right here?" She asked, stunned. "No, not here. In an alleyway." Kakashi said, looking around cautiously. Suiren stopped walking. Kakashi stopped too. "No. We've only just met. I want to get to know you and have you trust me before you show me your face. I'm ok with waiting. Even if it takes years, I'll wait." Suiren said firmly. Kakashi smiled. "Heh. Sounds like a plan. Shall we go? The festival is going to start any minute now." Kakashi said, walking forward. "Sure. Let's go!" Suiren shouted happily.