The boiling point.

A week later, Kakashi, Kokuyōseki, and Suiren were on their way to assassinate Ginsei and his gang. So far, they had covered a lot of ground, but it seemed they wouldn't reach the gangs hideout for another week. "So, you two seem close. Anything I should be aware of?" Kokuyōseki asked Suiren and Kakashi. "N-not much..." Suiren said, blushing. "We're dating. I only have eyes for Suiren, sorry." Kakashi said. Kokuyōseki frowned. "Is that so? My, that's a shame. And here I was going to ask you out to tea." She said, sounding surprised. There shouldn't be any harm in teasing him a little and seeing what he does. Kokuyōseki thought to herself, smiling a little bit. "Well if that was the case, I should've asked you last week before we left. We could've had a lot of fun. Just the two of us." Kokuyōseki said, a little more seductively than she intended. Suiren just glared at her. Then, at that same moment, something cold hit Suiren's nose. Rain? Then she saw something white. No, this is... snow? "Guys, I think it's snowing. We'd better find somewhere to stay for the night" Kokuyōseki said before Suiren could warn them. Suiren glared at her again. Kakashi looked at Suiren as she was glaring at Kokuyōseki. "Haah. You're right, Kokuyōseki, we should find shelter before nightfall. It's already late in the afternoon, so we should stop and make camp now." Kakashi said to the girls. Suiren was shocked. How dare he side with that bitch!? I know we should stop and wait for the snow to stop falling, but she said it first and I don't like it! Suiren thought, annoyed with Kakashi. Once again, she shot a glare at Kokuyōseki. They then stopped to build a shelter and gather wood for a fire. "Kakashi, can we talk? It's important." Suiren said, forcing a smile. "Sure." Kakashi said. They walked away from Kokuyōseki and Suiren's forced smile turned into a frown. "Why did you agree with her? I was going to mention it was snowing. Kakashi," Suiren paused, thinking. "I don't think we should stay in one spot for too long." Suiren said, clenching her fist. Especially with HER around... I really hate her. Trying to take Kakashi away from me. I won't let you have your way!

After they had gathered enough wood, Kakashi started a fire. The snow piled up higher and higher and the temperature started to drop relatively fast. Then, Suiren noticed Kokuyōseki hanging on to Kakashi's arm. "Hey! Get off of Kakashi!" She yelled at her. "Eh!? But I'm cold! There shouldn't be any problem with wanting to be warm when it's snowing out." Kokuyōseki said defensively, putting a pout on her face. "She's right you know. It is our top priority that we stay alive long enough to complete our mission and return to Konoha." Kakashi said, adding more wood to the fire. Unintentionally, he had added gas to Suiren's fire as well, as she glared daggers at the both of them. Suiren sighed and stood up. "Suiren, where are you going?" Kakashi asked. "I'm going for a little walk. I'll be back soon." She said, and walked off. Kakashi looked at Kokuyōseki, who was still clinging to his arm. "Please let go of me." He said. "B-but I'm cold!" She protested. "There are blankets in our packs. Use one of those. And keep the fire going." Kakashi said, following Suiren. He found her a little ways away from the spot they were staying at. Suiren was standing up against a tree, looking at the snow as it fell. "Suiren, is something wrong?" Kakashi asked.