Thin ice.

"Suiren, get out of the way!" Kakashi yelled, getting up. Suiren just managed to dodge the man's attack, but wasn't quick enough and was kicked in the head. "Ack!" Suiren was knocked backwards. "Suiren!" Kakashi yelled, running to her side. Suiren was crying. "Just leave me... I'm no use in battle..." Suiren said. "Sorry! You don't have the luxury to look away from me!" The man yelled, charging at Kakashi and Suiren. Suiren screamed, tears falling from her eyes. Kakashi stood up, kunai in hand, and blocked the man's attack. Then quickly, he landed a blow to the man's arm. The man winced and tried to push Kakashi out of his way, but Kakashi stood his ground, determined to protect the woman he loved. "I won't...let you...hurt Suiren!" Kakashi yelled, pushing the man away. "Suiren, get up!" Kokuyōseki was yelling. Suiren sat on the ground, shaking and sobbing. "Suiren-!" Kokuyōseki said, only to be interrupted by the man who had caught her. "We need to get you back to Konoha, right away. Your arm needs to be treated as quickly as possible." He said. Kokuyōseki looked down at Suiren and Kakashi. Then she nodded and Kokuyōseki and the one medical ninja left the battle.

Meanwhile, Kakashi was fending off the man who had attacked them, with Suiren on the ground, crying. The other two men who had come as backup were protecting Suiren, armed with kunai. "Suiren, what is wrong with you? This isn't like you. What's going on?" Kakashi asked Suiren, attacking the man at incredible speed. He landed several lightning fast blows on the man and the man flew backwards and hit a tree. Quickly, Kakashi took out some metal wire and wrapped it around the man, securing him to the tree so he couldn't move. "Got you." He said, smiling under his mask. "Not quite." Said the man, smirking. There was a puff of smoke, and when it cleared, there was a log where the man had once been. Then, Kakashi fell to the ground. "Gaaak!" He yelled, coughing up blood. "You wanna know what's different about me? I can actually use a small amount of my chakra to help me in dire situations. As I just demonstrated." The man said. Kakashi charged at the man, his kunai about to thrust through his chest.
Poof!
A log clattered to the ground. Before Kakashi could react, a swift blow to the back knocked him to the ground. He let out a yelp as he thudded to the ground. One of the men who was protecting Suiren rushed out to help Kakashi, but was killed swiftly. The other man ran to pick up the body of his friend, only to be kicked backwards and hit a tree, knocking him unconscious. The man then stood behind Kakashi, a smirk across his face. Suiren watched helplessly as he brought his foot down on Kakashi's face. He mocked Kakashi and kicked his side. A sickening crack and scream followed. Trembling, Suiren struggled to reach for a kunai. Another crack and a scream followed. Blood began staining the ground. An image of her parents flashed through Suiren's mind. The sound of Kokuyōseki's arm breaking reasonated through her ears. Why is this happening again? Why is everyone close to me getting hurt? Gritting her teeth and clenching her hand, she stood. The man rested his foot on Kakashi's beaten face. "Ready to fight girl?"
Suiren didn't answer. She walked towards him, death written in her eyes. The glare sent a chill down the man's spine. The hell? This little girl can't even do anything! Why am I- "Die!" A barrage of shuriken entered the air. He dodged them effortlessly but they seemed to come from every direction. He couldn't keep this up forever. "This is for Kakashi and Kokuyōseki!" The man attempted to jump. Too late. "Water Style! Super Shark bomb!" The aquatic shark cut into the man's body, carrying him and slamming him into a tree. His body slid down the trunk. He began to get up. Slice! His eyes rolled back and his head fell limp as Suiren pushed the kunai deeper and deeper into his chest. All her adrenaline filtered out of her body. Kakashi coughed out her name, extending a shaky arm towards her. With a small smile, her back hit the ground. "S-Suiren...!" Kakashi yelled weakly. The backup ninja that had been kicked over to a tree finally regained consciousness and saw what had happened. He quickly rushed over to use medical ninjutsu on Kakashi and Suiren. Once their wounds had been treated, Suiren and Kakashi were taken to a makeshift shelter to rest up for a few days.