Chapter 11

Turns out Marie hadn't dobbed me in, and the only problem was that I had been gone for more then an hour. I made them dinner and didn't protest when I was only given half a banana. I'd eaten at Nathan's. I was sent to my bedroom as soon as I had finished and I was happy to sneak into the shower.

I washed my hair since I'd just been into the water and scrubbed my skin clean. I felt disgusted that the colouring currently on my skin would prevent me from making friends yet again.

Sighing I decided to try and sleep, ignoring the sounds that came from my window. It would scare me too much if I opened it only to see a stray cat. I mean, I love cats, but if there was one at my window I'd always have this fear of another one being there and just watching me through the curtains or something.

Instead I sigh, sitting on my floor and doing the homework from today.

And to think, I'd been too excited about that stupid pool and those stupid boys that I'd barely paid any attention in class.

Quickly finishing the last math problem I Crawl under my covers, still ignoring the sounds that the wind is making at my window.

~~zzzzzz~~

The next day I quickly dress in shorts and a pink blouse. I huff in annoyance when I see that my make up is running low, and the temperature is still high enough that I can't wear all long sleeves.

I grab the heavy bag and leave the house, not eating anything.

I don't look up as I cross the road, standing a foot away from the curb.

"Hey Sang, are you okay?" I hear Kota's voice to the left of me and can feel another presence to my right. A quick glance shows that it's Nathan.

I don't say anything and just stare ahead. They're going to harras me all the way there. Maybe they'll pretend to be kind to get a confession out of me and then

BAM

They'll spread it to everyone. They'll all bully me then, since nobody will know where exactly the bruises are from.

I sigh shakily and climb into the bus. I sit and place my bag onto the seat next to me. This doesn't deture them, Kota just moves it and sits next to me whilst Nathan sits infront of me and turns around to face me. I clutch my bag into my lap and stare blankly out the window, ignoring every single one of their attempts to get me to talk.

They start to ask me about what I did once I got home, if I would be interested in coming for a proper swim tonight and what I'd eaten for breakfast. When I stare blankly ahead they start to question my abrupt departure, the occurrences that caused my bruises and how they could help me.

Honestly, they'd help by leaving me alone.

When the bus pulls to a stop I push past Kota and head straight to my home room class, not bothering with my locker. I sit and read, hoping it will stop North and Luke from talking to me during class.

"Morning Sang!" Luke cheered at me, North right behind him with a soft frown on his normally scowling face.

In response I turn the page to my book, still absorbing the words.

When Luke speaks again however, questioning me about my morning, I find myself unable to fully concentrate on my book and instead opt to close it sharply and put it away in my bag.

"Ahh! I knew I'd get through to you Sang! Now, was it my comment about chocolate or roses that-" he stood talking suddenly when he sees me place my headphones in my ears. He doesn't need to know that they aren't connected to anything except the inside of my pocket.