Chapter 18

(I've updated since chapter 14 today so please make sure you read them in order:))

Sangs POV
I get to school, already tired due to the lack of sleep I've been getting. Can you imagine the utter joy I felt when the loudspeaker announced a compulsory state wide test?

No? That must be because I wasn't joyous.

Although the goth in my proximity was happier then normal. I don't know but I am pretty sure he doesn't normally smile for no reason. In fact, I think he's... daydreaming?

I shrug and follow the rest of the class into the gym. It seems that tables have been set up and the entire grade is here. We all file into a desk and by some blessing I'm not sitting near any of those boys.

I take the test and find it relatively easy, they were all questions based upon people's values and beliefs. Things like what action you would take in certain situations and what you believe to be important for the future.

Since it was a three hour test nobody knew we had, we got to go home early. I took the opportunity to go to the library, eager to be anywhere that isn't 'home'.

I end up getting a book called 'Fly on the wall'. It seems interesting so I take it home with me.

When I arrive home it is the time that the bus would've taken me home. Mother isn't awake and it is also the rare occasion that Father is home as well. His car is out front but I don't see him when I go inside.

Then again I do just go straight to my bedroom.

I finish all of my work, realising that mother must have broken my stereo recently when she went through my bedroom.

This leaves me sitting on the roof, reading my library book in the sun.

That is, until a car pulls up and Dr Green and that guy named Owen get out. I scurry back into my bedroom when I notice them walking towards my front door, hoping they aren't here to talk to my parent about the burns in my throat.

Knock Knock Knock

"Sang! Get the door!" I quickly rush down the stairs, knowing that if they have time to knock again I'll get into trouble. Hell, I'm going to get into trouble either way if these two even suggest that they know me outside of teaching.

I open the door, seeing that it is Owen and Dr Green.

"Good Afternoon Miss, I was wondering if your parents are home, we'd like to discuss the results a Miss Sang is achieving at school." Owen says, not even acting like he knew me.

"I I am S Sang," I scratch out, wincing as I speak. I notice his eyes go dark and my own widen. "I'll g g get mother." I close the door and approach mothers room.

"Th there are two men here to talk to you Mother."

She gets up, looking angry, and storms to the door, dragging me with her for some unknown reason.

"What do you want?" She sneers at them, not even pretending to be polite.

"I'm Owen Blackbourne, this is Sean Green. We work for a private school called The Academy and we'd like to discus your daughter, Sang. Is your husband home?"

"Yes, come in. What did the brat do this time?" She asks, pushing me towards the kitchen to make tea.

"Would you like some tea?" I ask them without making eye contact. They both say no so I just make some for mother and father.

When I enter the room there are several folders open, displaying a campus for a boarding school. My parents look excited. What is going on?

"Sang, go get your fathers suitcase and pack your stuff, when you finish we'll explain it to you." My mother tells me in the nicest tone she's used in a long time. I comply, grabbing the large black suitcase- it's so big I could comfortably sit in it- and heave it upstairs to my room.

Packing my merger belonging doesn't take long and before I know it I'm standing in a bare room, only a broken stereo left on the shelf and an empty mattress on the floor.

I pull the suitcase back down the stairs, backpack on my shoulders.

I leave the bag next to the staircase and go back into the living room, sitting in the single chair between the two pairs of people.

"Sang, you've gotten into a prestigious private school, you'll be leaving tonight on a full scholarship. You are allowed to stay on holidays at their state of the art campus and you'll be leaving tonight. Here's a few thousand dollars to help you out, don't come back. They say you've got yourself a full ride through College as well." My father says, handing me an envelope. I blink at him, looking at mother who looks glad. I nod, putting the envelope in the backpack on the floor next to my feet. They all stand up, Sean looking a little sad although I don't know why.

My father takes my suitcase and puts it into the trunk of these guys' car. I blink as he opens the back door and waits for me to get in, mumbling a quiet 'bye'.

What the hell just happened.

Soon we are driving away and a tear slides down my face. Where am I even going?