Chapter Twelve™

• • •

"Troye, I know you love wearing the frocks and girl clothes but I'm afraid that they are against the school rules and you would have to come in proper uniform from tomorrow," their teacher said as Troye just looked at her as if she was joking.

He gazed down at the sweater and the cotton skirt and the soft, fuzzy socks covering his feet. He could find absolutely nothing wrong with them.

"But why?" Troye still pressed further, a frown evident on his lips. He didn't understand what was so wrong about him wearing something he liked and actually looked pretty in.

"Because these are for girls, boys don't wear such clothes." The teacher blankly replied, trying to make a point.

"But it makes me happy. Doesn't it look cute and pretty on me?" Troye asked whole giving an innocent smile, his flower crown laying lopsided on his brown curls.

"Yeah, it does look pretty. It looks very pretty," the teacher replied.

Troye was more confused as he furrowed his eyebrows together, his lips jutted out in an adorable pout.

"So then, what's the problem?" Troye asked innocently.

The teacher rolled her eyes as she said to Troye, "But thats the problem. Boys are not pretty. Only girls are pretty."

"Why can't boys be pretty too?" Troye asked.

"Because they just can't..." The teacher trailed off. She was too tired of Troye's constant queries.

"Sagey says boys can be pretty too. She says I'm the prettiest boy. So why can't I wear this?" Troye asked.

The teacher signed ad she pointed out to the different boys sitting in the classroom and then asked Troye, "Do you see how they are dressed?"

"Yeah." Troye answered, still confused.

"They are wearing just a shirt, trousers and nothing else. They don't wear flower crowns and skirts or pink sweaters because they are boys. And they aren't pretty because boys aren't meant to be pretty," she explained to Troye.

Troye blinked before he answered, "But I am unique. I want to be pretty and wear skirts and pink sweaters."

"But Troye, you can't! Who even taught you this?" The teacher asked.

Troye smiled as he remembered what Sage always said so he said, "Your mum."

And he walked away like a posh princess while the teacher looked at him with wide eyed and a wide open mouth.

"Kids these days..." She said to herself, shaking her head.

"Teachers these days..." Troye mumbled to himself while walking to a sad looking Jacob and Connor.

• • •

Heyo

I hope y'all had a good Christmas

Ily all xx