Chapter Twenty Four™

• • •

Troye cried. And cried and cried.

His eyes were sore and red and his hair was a mess and do was his dress. But he actually did not care.

Almost an hour later, his mother came to the room in search of him and Sage and she actually did not say a word when she saw Sage in the bathroom, cold and pale and dead.

She was just quiet, leaning against the doorway as she slowly said, "Troye, you should not be here, right now. "

Troye turned his head, with heavy breaths, his heart crushing and an unbearable emotional wound taking over his chest as he slowly spoke, "Mama."

And then he just ran upto her and hugged her legs, his wet gown and bloody hands wrapped around her legs as she stood frozen not even hugging the broken boy back or rather looking at him in pure disgust.

"She will wake up, wont she?" Troye asked, breathless and sobbing.

"She will not." His mother said to him slowly, looking at the dead body.

"I knew this was gonna happen, someday..." Her voice trailed off.

"I want Sagey back, mama," Troye chanted again and again as his mother subtly shook her head and said to him, "Go back to your room, Troye. I need to call your dad and make some other important calls."

"But Sagey..."

"Are you so stupid? She is dead, can't you see that dumb boy? Just go up to your room. And stop with all these crying. Its gross."

She pushed Troye away from her roughly. The young boy fell down on the tiled floor, his knees getting bruised as he immediately got up and ran upstairs to his room.
He closed the door and stood on the stool in front of his mirror because he was too short. He looked at his miserable face which looked pale and miserable and was clearly marred with suffering. He just wished it was a dream. A bad dream. He wanted to hit his head, everything was just a mess.

And that day, he learnt something. He hated this. He hated everything. His mother didn't love him and neither did Sage because she left him. Apart from that, even Jacob didn't love him.

Troye looked at his face in the mirror again, tracing his reflection with his tiny finger.

"Everyone hates me, don't they?" He asked himself, the heavy weight of Sage's death weighing him down to his insecurities.

"Even I hate me. There is nothing to love," He said to himself, watching his face in the mirror and frowning.

"Why did Sage lie to me? She said I was prettiest but I am just Ugly, so ugly." He said, letting the tears fall down his cheeks and his stomach feel completely empty.

Handling all this was just too much for a four year old toddler. But Troye was different, he had learnt a lot of things, felt a lot of emotions at such a tender age. And out of all the emotions, the one that remained with him for a lifetime was the hatred and the guilt.

Troye tore off all his princess gowns and threw away his chapsticks and lip glosses. He decided that he would just return to being 'normal' for the rest of his life.

• • •

Only one chapter left after this,

And okay since Ashlee (starstroye) asked for a sequel, I wanted to ask this,

Do you guys want a second book?

Please comment

Ily, stay safe beautiful people xx