Part 8

Then Elena and Stefan went back to the party and they joined the lively gaiety. Elena drank some alcohol that Damon offered her and she relaxed a little bit. At least there was no more danger for today and she didn't want to stress about what was going to happen. She decided to enjoy the rest of the evening, and so she did.
She agreed with Stefan that they would go to school each on their own again because Stefan intended to go hunting to the woods before the classes start and Elena wanted to be at school early, as a difficult test was awaiting her and she didn't want to be late.
Therefore she got into her car in the morning, ready to go, when suddenly, Elijah appeared in the passenger seat. She shrieked with fright and she jumped up a little. 'Elijah!'
'Good morning, Elena,' he wished her as a true gentleman and he added a charming smile.
'What are you doing here?'
'I was just wondering... What intentions do you have with my brother?'
'What? What intentions I HAVE WITH HIM? And how do you even know about it in the first place?'
'He's changed. You can't not notice that. But if I were you, I wouldn't play with fire. Niklaus can hurt you in a way you can't even imagine.'
'I don't want to play with him,' said Elena. 'It's him who's playing with me! I don't understand why.'
'Because he's fallen in love with you,' replied Elijah. 'I couldn't believe it, but it's the truth. I know my brother. I simply can tell.'
'Oh my god,' Elena gasped for breath. 'So he's serious about that?' Elijah nodded. 'But what am I going to do?'
Elijah shrugged. 'Niklaus is used to getting whatever he takes into his head.'
'Not me. He's not going to get me. Ever.'
'Don't be so sure, Elena. It will be easy for your compassionate heart to go down. Be careful.' With these words Elijah got out of the car and left Elena absolutely upset - which wasn't exactly an ideal emotional state for writing a difficult test.