Part 16

When Elena arrived home (she had no problems getting inside, all she had to do was to ring the doorbell, Jeremy opened the door and when she stood there long enough, he told her to come in), she found Jenna in the kitchen; she was holding a cup of tea in one hand, her mobile phone in the other one. As soon as she saw Elena, she gave her a strict look. 'Where were you last night?'
Elena laughed. 'Come on. Since when have you been so caring?'
'Why didn't you answer my calls?'
'My phone battery must have died,' shrugged Elena and she wanted to go upstairs to take her stuff for school, but Jenna jumped up and grabbed her hand.
'I'm not done with you yet, young lady! What's your behaviour supposed to mean anyway?'
'My behaviour?' repeated Elena offendedly. 'What about YOUR behaviour? You're not my mother!'
Jenna jolted. Elena's tone scared her and concerned her. 'I know,' she began carefully. 'But I'm taking care of you and...'
'And nothing,' Elena interrupted her and she plucked her hand from Jenna's effortlessly. 'Let me be, I'll be late for school.' After that she ran upstairs, packed her bag and quickly slid out of the door. On her way to school she was wondering who'd be the first one to notice that she'd transformed into a vampire. Her money was on Stefan, but Caroline was also a very likely option. She always had excellent overview.
Right at the front door she met Stefan, who had a worried face. 'Elena! What happened? Why didn't you answer my calls?'
'God, what's everybody's issue with that?' asked Elena, annoyed. 'My battery died. That happens.'
'Elena, where's your necklace?' Stefan got frightened. 
'I won't be wearing it anymore,' she replied, she brushed by him and walked inside. Stefan followed her.
'Have I done something wrong? Is that why you're so reserved?'
'I'm not reserved,' she refused that as if it was an accusation and to prove her point she threw Stefan against the nearest locker, pressed him to it by her own body and gave him a passionate kiss. She paralysed Stefan for a while, but he soon pulled himself together and he understood everything, which started a series of even more annoying questions.
'Who turned you?'
Elena gave him a cute smile. 'Does it matter? I'm no longer the nice, innocent Elena you fell in love with, am I? You're not attracted to my vampire self.'
'What are you talking about?'
'I can see it in your eyes,' she said. 'But that's ok, Stefan, don't blame yourself for that. I'm not attracted to you either.' She took her textbooks out of her locker, she slammed its door, she bent and straightened her fingers in a flirty wave and with the words: 'So, see you at History class!' she was gone.