Part 20

'Elena can make the decision herself,' said Klaus.
'Are you so sure about that?' Stefan raised his eyebrow. Klaus immediately understood what Stefan was hinting.
'You think I compelled her to turn off her emotions, don't you?'
'And didn't you?'
Elena looked at Klaus, perplexed. 'Is it true?'
Klaus answered, with clear conscience: 'It's not. Of course not. I would never lower myself to something like that.'
'So what have you done to her?' Stefan didn't want to let it go. 'You can't deny that she's changed, can you?'
'I simply let her accept the new part of her personality and ENJOY IT.'
'What does that mean, Klaus?' Elena was confused. 'And be honest with me.'
'I compelled you for your own good. So you can be a happy vampire. Otherwise it would have destroyed you.'

'Right. Because she never wanted to become a vampire,' interferred Stefan again.
'No, I did,' shook Elena her head. 'I remember...' She held her head in her hands. 'I remember that I let myself be turned in order to be strong. To be able to take care of myself...'
'See?' smiled Klaus victorously and he drank up from his glass. 'This wish has come true, love.'
'Love?' repeated Stefan, shocked. 'Klaus, why have you done this to her?'
'That's a long story,' shrugged Klaus secretively and he looked at Stefan first, and then at Elena. 'And I guarantee you both that it will last for a long time.'