Part 52

Jeremy and Elena were standing there and looking at each other, both still in shock.
'What are you gonna do?' asked Jer.
Elena would love to answer him, but unfortunately, she didn't know what to say, so she just looked into his eyes and shrugged.
'You should go home,' stated Jeremy. 'You're alone here. I don't even want to think about what could have happened to you if I hadn't found the stake. She could kill you in your sleep...' Jeremy wasn't exactly a sensitive type, but this idea really shook him. 'No, I simply won't leave you alone here! Pack your thing, we're going home.'
Elena took a breath to object, but she knew that Jeremy wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. Besides,  she had to admit that her brother was right. She was alone here. She didn't mind it, she was enjoying her wild and insane roommate's company. Now, however, it turned out that she probably had a clear idea of what Elena was and that she definitely wasn't planning to stay friends with her. That meant that Elena lost the only good friend she had here. She wasn't really that scared of her roommate actually killing her, but she was sad that she was planning to try to kill her.
'OK,' sighed Elena. 'I'll come back. But let me talk to her first. I should compel her to forget that I am a vampire. For the safety of us both.'
'If she knows that you're a vampire, she most likely knows about vervain too,' noted Jeremy. 'Forget about her and come.'
Elena was sorry about the whole situation, but in the end she agreed with Jeremy. She packed her things, booked a flight ticket and in the evening on the very same day, they both boarded the plane.