Part 24

Elena wasn't going to leave it like this. She didn't want to be this person that doesn't love her good boyfriend Stefan, who would do anything for her. She didn't want to be this person without the kind, compassionate soul she had when she was still a human. So she got out of Stefan's embrace, she wiped up her tears, put on a jacket and headed to the Mikaelsons' mansion.
Elijah opened the door again. 'Elijah,' jolted Elena, a bit surprised.
'Elena. This is the second time already,' observed Elijah. 'Are you sure you are ok?'
Elena took a deep breath. 'Actually... not really,' she admitted.
'Can I help you?'
'Not so quickly, brother,' interferred Klaus, who appeared behind Elijah's back with his typical grin. 'What's bringing you here, Elena? Can I help you?'
'You can,' nodded Elena as vigorously as she could. 'Cancel the compulsion.'
'You don't want me to do that, Elena. You really don't.'
'How can you be so sure about that?'
'Because deep down you know that my compulsion has saved you. I've protected you from pain. Suffering. Guilt. Should I go on?'

Elena clamped her lips tightly and she shook her head.
'What have you done to her, Niklaus?' asked Elijah.
'With all honour,' said Elena, 'stay out of this.'
'She's right,' agreed Klaus. 'This is just between us.'
Elijah shrugged and left. As soon as Elena and Klaus were alone, her heartbeat sped up and she knew he noticed.
'You've got a bit nervous, haven't you,' he didn't forget to tease her.
'Do you know what I think? That you're the nervous one here.'
Klaus yanked. 'Excuse me?'
'Why would you insist on the compulsion so much if you weren't? You're afraid that if you cancel it, I'll be happy with Stefan and I'll hate you.'
She depicted it aptly. Klaus' heart constricted for a short moment in a way he had never experienced before.
'But you can't keep me by using violence, by telling lies. Because this is a lie, Klaus. This isn't real. How can you want a fake love? What emotions would be there left?' She stared at him and she couldn't miss a whole scale of emotions in his face. Fear. Humiliation. Anger. Hatred. Desperation. 'This can't be a victory, Klaus,' insisted Elena. 'Cancel the compulsion and then we'll see whom I'll choose.'
Klaus stared back at her and then he took a breath, all shaking, to answer.

Beauty and the Original - TVD Klaus/Elena FF (2015) - COMPLETEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara