Part 36

Damon and Stefan desperately watched Klaus taking away the love of their life. Damon lashed out at Stefan: 'This is all your fault. If she had been happy with you, none of this would have happened!'
'She would have been happy with me if you hadn't kept trying to steal her from me!' Stefan retorted furiously. 'You have no right to blame this on me.'
'A Klaus has no right to take Elena away from us. She's mine - yours - well, simply ours!' Damon said decisively. 'And we'll get her back, whatever it takes. Even if somebody had to die for it.'
'You mean me, don't you?' asked Bonnie, who was just approaching them. 'I'm willing to risk it. We mustn't let Elena be with him, it's too dangerous.'
'That's how I like it,' Damon praised her for her attitude. 'So, are you in?'
Stefan shrugged. 'I don't know. She looks happy with him. And perhaps Klaus will become a better person. Maybe SHE can make him a better person, just like she's done that with the two of us.'
Damon walked up to him and looked him straight in the eye. 'How can you be so naive, brother? You know it well yourself, how tempting the darkness is.'
'If anyone can resist it and turn it into the light, then it's Elena,' Stefan stood behind his opinion. 'And I believe in her.'
Damon just rolled his eyes, he grabbed Bonnie's hand and he dragged her upstairs. 'Let's go. We have a big rescue mission on the schedule.'