Part 18

Elena went to class, hoping that no one else would bother her, but of course, this wish didn't come true. Bonnie, who had already been informed by Stefan that Elena had changed into a vampire, stood in her way.
'Elena,' she greeted her with a worried face. 'Are you ok?'
Elena didn't answer, she just folded her arms on her chest and gave her a piercing annoyed look.
'Where do you even have that ring from?' Bonnie looked at the beautiful ring with a blue stone on it that looked exquisit on Elena's fair hand.
'Klaus gave it to me,' Elena shrugged slackly.
'Right. Klaus,' repeated Bonnie, as if she still wasn't able to believe it. 'How did it even happen? Did he kidnap you?'
'Actually, we were on a date,' replied Elena, enjoying the shock and scare in Bonnie's face.
'On a date?' she gasped for breath. 'You're dating Stefan.'
'Not anymore. It was boring.' To highlight the meaning of her words, Elena started looking at her nails with boredom.
'So what, now you're Klaus' slave?'
'Wrong, Bonnie. I've never been this free. I can do whatever I want... And that's exactly why I'm going to walk away now. You're impossible to be around.' Elena turned around and headed to the exit.
'Wait,' Bonnie shouted at her. Elena looked over her shoulder reluctantly. 'OK, you don't have to explain anything to me. Just promise me... Promise me that if things get bad, you'll let us help you.'
'Trust me, Bonnie,' smiled Elena. 'Everything is PERFECT.'