Part 34

Bonnie spent a while thinking and then she remembered a spell that should prevent Klaus from getting inside the house. She lit some candles, sat by the table and started reciting the spell. She spoke faster and faster and also louder and louder. Stefan and Damon were watching her, which wasn't exactly helpful. Moreover, she felt too weak, she'd never done such a complicated spell on her own before. Her nose started bleeding and tears came out of her eyes. She was suffering from a terrible pain, but she didn't give up; she persisted in repeating the spell again and again. Damon didn't even move, but Stefan walked closer to her and he blurted: 'Bonnie, you should stop, it's hurting you!' Bonnie swiftly shook her head and after a short moan she went on. 'Bonnie, stop it,' Stefan insisted.
'He's right. You shouldn't exhaust yourself; especially since it's pointless. The wolf is already in the house,' said Klaus, who suddenly appeared inside.
Bonnie eased up and she slid down on the floor, tired and all wet from her blood and tears. Stefan lifted her up and put her on the sofa, while Damon stepped to Klaus. 'I don't remember inviting you to a tea party,' he threw in.
'I'm not here for a tea party,' smiled Klaus. 'I'm here for my girlfriend.'
'She's my girlfriend,' Stefan interfered.
'Not anymore,' responded Klaus in a voice as cold as ice. 'She loves me. You two are history now. And now, if you excuse me, I'll take my love and we'll leave this place.' He purposefully headed downstairs to the cell where Elena was imprisoned. 'I'm coming, love,' he screamed at her.
'Klaus?' she rasped. 'You found me.'
'It wasn't that hard,' remarked Klaus. 'Don't worry, I'll get you out of here. We're together again. Everything's OK.'
'I believe you,' wheezed Elena.
'I know. And I still can't believe that,' retorted Klaus and he shook his head.