Chapter Two

The following morning, Elisabete woke up two hours earlier than usual, only gaining six hours of sleep. She tiptoed around the small house as she changed into her proper, clean attire, and made sure she looked presentable before packing her lunch together and making her way down the road to the palace. The sun had just begun to rise as she stepped outside of her home. She inhaled deeply as she took in the fresh morning scent and began her long journey to the palace. She passed by Edric's house to find him sleeping in their stables next to his horse. She smiled softly, walked up towards him through the straw laid out on the ground, and sighed in content as she looked upon his peaceful looking face. She rummaged through her small bag and placed the apple she packed for herself down next to him in the hay before continuing on her way down the road. The guards greeted her as they opened the gate for her and she thanked them with her bright smile. She quickly went to her station and packed away her bag after she switched out her boots for her maid shoes. They had a heel that was not too high off the ground but made sound whenever she walked. They had been given to her by Loki. They were specially made for her because none of the other shoes the maids or servants wore made noise. He said that he wished to hear her whenever she entered a room so he wouldn't be startled and could expect her arrival. Some of the maids in service did not like how she was being treated by the king.

    Often Elisabete would be ridiculed for her unfair treatment by Loki. They believed that because she was his personal assistant, she was favored over all the others and got the nice perks. They'd often call her the king's pet, comparing her to a dog that would follow his every command. Elisabete knew that these maids however were not fond of Loki's reign and were not loyal to him. The other maids that did ridicule her, that were loyal to their new king, only gossiped behind her back. Some believed that Elisabete would exchange sexual favors for a little extra money on her salary. That was the only rumor that got under Elisabeth's skin. She was a symbol of purity and chastity to everyone around her. Her parents kept her somewhat sheltered to certain things in the world, especially when it came to sex. She was told that her virginity was to be cherished and only taken from her husband, whenever that day shall come. Elisabete was taught to be a good person, and she was. She did no wrong and was king to those she knew, even if they did say terrible things about her.

    Elisabete was finally ready to begin her shift an hour early and made her way to Loki's chambers. The walk was not too long and she expected Loki to be gone from his chambers. He'd usually wake up early to take a long walk through the gardens before returning to attend to his kingly duty. She knew he'd appreciate her coming in early to get more work done. As she opened his chamber doors, she froze in place as her eyes widened on the sight she was staring at. His bed was directly across from the door and she saw Loki laying on top of a woman. The woman had beautiful brown locks that spread all over the gold sheets and her skin was of an olive tint. Their heads and feet were at the sides of the bed and Sigyn found herself ignoring the woman and keeping her eyes on Loki as he moved on top of the woman. His hair was swept to one side and his face was contorted into a grimace as he bared his teeth. His body moved against the woman's in a way that made her cry out in a way that made Elisabete think she was being injured by him. He pulled her head back by her hair and that only spurred her on. Elisabeth's eyes widened even more when she saw Loki take her legs and place them over his shoulders, bending her body in a way that made Elisabete wince. As he moved his body against her, the sheets fell from his body and Elisabete's breath hitched in her throat as she saw his bare body. She watched as his muscles clenched. Her eyes moved up his body and she gasped audibly when he pulled back from the woman and she saw his bare balls slap against the woman's body. Elisabete covered her mouth when she heard herself make the noise. She then ran from the room as the woman and Loki turned to see who made the sound. Elisabete slammed the door shut and tried to catch her breath as she slowly walked down the hall. A few moments later, she heard footsteps advancing behind her and she gasped as the person gripped her arm and pulled her into the shadows of the hallway. Elisabete cowered against the wall as she came face to face with Loki. He was wearing his robe and glaring at Elisabete as he panted heavily.