Chapter Twenty-Nine

The following day, Loki announced his engagement to Elisabete. Many members of the court were shocked, not thinking he'd ever marry one of his mistresses, yet they accepted it and moved on. In fact, Elisabete was glad to know that her union to him helped to alleviate some of the minds of the baser citizens making them think that now they might have a chance a better life since she knew of their hardships. Loki arranged for her to go on a tour through the city and villages to show her off to the townspeople as the new queen so they all knew who she was.

"Your family can come if they'd like." Loki told her as he dressed.

"What exactly is this tour?" Elisabete asked.

"It takes about a week. The first few days is for the cities and towns and the last few are for the villages. We just stroll about in a carriage as the people gather to look upon their new queen. Occasionally, you can stop to give the common people a few coins. To rest we stop at inns that are booked in advance, which I have already taken care of." Loki explained.

"But you asked me to be your queen a few days ago." Elisabete interjected.

"That's true. I knew you'd say yes so I've done it in advance." Loki told her with a smirk.

Elisabete gave him a look and laughed as he leaned down and kissed her sweetly as she laid on the bed.

"Very sneaky." She giggled.

"I have the tour scheduled for tomorrow." Loki told her.

"Wow! You really did plan this in advance. Well, I guess I'll have to ask my family if they'd like to come right now." Elisabete spoke.

"Maybe a little bit later." Loki smirked.

"We have to get ready." Elisabete said.

"So, what? They can wait." Loki told her as he undressed what he put on and pounced back onto the bed.

The two laughed loudly as they wrapped their arms around each other's bodies. As Loki kissed down her body, he took the liberty of sucking on her nipple as he kneaded the soft flesh of her breast and he furrowed his brow as he heard Elisabete wince. He looked up at her and slowly removed his lips from around her breast and gave her a look.

"Have I done something wrong?" Loki inquired.

"No, my breasts are just very tender." Elisabete told him.

"Well, given the attention I gave them last night, I wouldn't expect anything less." Loki smirked.

"Loki." Elisabete chuckled.

"I'll keep away from them...for now." Loki beamed.

Elisabete rolled her eyes and laughed as he kissed down her body. Later that morning, at breakfast, Loki and Elisabete asked her family if they would be willing to come on the tour with them.

"Oh, darling, we'd love to." Her father replied.

"We get to see all of Asgard?" Capriana asked.

"Yes, you will, well...most of it." Loki told her.

The two girls clapped their hands together and Loki smiled brightly at the interaction.

"Tadeus, what about you?" Elisabete asked.

"Would we be travelling through our old village?" He inquired.

Elisabete looked up at Loki, assuming he knew the answer. Loki smiled down at her and sighed.

"It is on our list, so, yes, we would be travelling through there." Loki told them.

"That means we might run into Edric." Tadeus pointed out.