Chapter Thirteen

In the late afternoon, a carriage had come riding through the streets towards the palace. It was small and not nearly as decorated as the ones that Loki has. The ride was bumpy and people on the streets tried their best to look into the small windows on each of the doors. Inside, there was an older woman in plain clothes with the hood of her cloak over her face. Next to her was a young boy of about three years of age. His face was square and his eyes beaming with excitement as his legs dangled from his seat. His smile so large, his lips appeared to be non existent. He wore the clothes of a lowly citizen. His hair a dirty blonde and ruffled and his eyes a dark blue. The carriage rode towards the back of the palace, trying to go unseen by the guards.

    Once the carriage pulled up to the palace, the old woman quickly took the boy into his hands, grabbed his bag of belongings and rushed into up the steps. The boy giggled as he bounced in her arms and his eyes widened as he looked around the walls of the palace. He had never seen anything as grand as this and smiled brightly. The old woman hushed him as she made her way to the healing rooms. She carefully opened the door and entered the room. The fireplace was on  to keep the inhabitants of the room warm. As the old woman scanned the room to find who she was looking for, the boy was much quicker than her and demanded to be put down. The old woman obeyed the child and followed him as he ran towards one of the beds. She picked him up and sat him down on the bed after a few failed attempts of getting on it himself. The boy gently shook the person in the bed and the old woman scolded him for doing so.

    Moments later, Sanit had awoken from her bed, being roused from her sleep. She blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the room. She furrowed her brow when she saw the outline of a small child on her body but her eyes lit up with joy and tears as she smiled brightly upon seeing the child. She sat up in the bed and cradled the boy in her arms, kissing his head and face as she cried. Sanit dismissed the woman and thanked her. Once the woman was gone, Sanit pushed the boy back away from her to look at him. She caressed the sides of his face and kissed his forehead as she stared at him.

    "Oh, my Faust, my love...my son." Sanit whispered.

    As the sun had made its final descent and the moon gave way through the clouds, Loki had arrived back at the palace with Elisabete. He jumped down from the horse and put his hand out to her. She held his hand as he helped her down from the horse. As she got off, he put his hands on her waist as her hands laid against his shoulders. He placed her on the ground and a servant led his horse into the stables. He bid her to follow him, and she obeyed. He held her hand as they walked up the stairs, his head turned towards her to make sure she did not trip over her dress. The walk to his chambers seemed to take forever. He had moved her to walk alongside him, which is something she was never allowed to do. He wrapped his arm around her waist and her breath hitched in her throat as his fingers curled around her body. She kept her head down to try and shield her face from anyone who passed by, although she knew most of the maids and servants had left for the night.

    "My king, I-"

    "We will speak in my chambers." Loki interjected.

    Elisabete nodded her head and continued on their way. As he approached his door, he opened it, stepped to the side, and ushered Elisabete inside.

    "Stay there while I speak to my guards." Loki instructed.

    He shut the door and Elisabete let out a deep breath as she looked around the room. Her heart was filled with dread, knowing what was to come. She had denied her feelings for so long and now, she was here with him to spend her wedding night and not with her husband.

    Loki had instructed his guards to keep a watchful eye on the hallway to ensure no one disturbs him. He then re-entered the room and slammed the door shut. Elisabete