Chapter Fifty

As queen, her first order had been to lift the ban Loki had put on Sanit. Thor had gone back to find her and returned the following day. She was disheveled and had lost wait. When she returned, Elisabete had ordered her to be bathed and given nice clothes for her to wear. After she was washed and clothed, Elisabete invited her to lunch. Sanit was brought to their chambers and she looked up at Loki as he opened the door. He licked his lips as he cast his eyes down at their feet.

    "Hello again, Loki." She greeted him.

    "Hello, Sanit." He said softly.

    "Thor quickly informed me of your fall from grace." She spoke.

    "He did?" He asked, finally looking up at her.

    "Where is she?" Sanit sighed.

    Loki gestured to the balcony and she made her way outside. When she walked through the doors, she saw Elisabete sitting at the same metal table that she had sat in a year ago with Loki as his mistress. Before Elisabete could say anything, Sanit took note of Adelina playing on the floor beside her and the small child in her arms. Sanit smiled seeing the children, wishing to hold hers.

    "Please, sit. You must be very hungry." Elisabete told her.

    Sanit took the seat across from her and quickly began to eat. After a few moments, she swallowed the food in her mouth and cleared her throat.

    "You don't look mad." Sanit commented.

    "Why would I be?" Elisabete inquired.

    "I treated you horribly. I never should have. It was wrong of me to do so. I just used Loki for my own wants and needs and I thought you would come in the way of it. I am sorry for what I did to you." Sanit explained.

    "I forgive you." Elisabete spoke.

    "So easily?" She scoffed.

    "It's in the past. We made choices and those choices have brought us here to where we are today. I never hated you for what you did to me. And I must say, I loved your son very much." Elisabete told her.

    "Oh, my son! Where is he? Is he here?" Sanit inquired.

    Elisabete's expression dropped as she bit her lip, thinking of what to say. She looked over at Sanit and could see her pleading with her to speak. She then looked back into the bedroom and could see Loki watching them through the glass. She put her head down and sighed before looking back up at Sanit.

    "Unfortunately, he grew very sick after your banishment and passed away." Elisabete lied.

    Sanit gasped and covered her hand with her mouth as she cried silently. Elisabete handed her a tissue to wipe the tears from her eyes.

    "Loki and I both were devastated. Even when Thor returned to us and he was told of him having a child, he too was at a loss. His death still takes a toll on Loki. But, when this little girl was born, I named her Fausta in memory of your son. And I would be honored if you would be her godmother." Elisabete explained.

    Sanit chuckled as she shook her head, crying even more than before.

    "I do not deserve such a title after the things I did to you and to my son. I neglected my boy when he was alive and I would not wish to do the same to any other child." Sanit told her.

    "This is your way of proving yourself to be the exact opposite. Please, it would mean the world to me if you accepted this." Elisabete spoke.

    Sanit looked down at Fausta and laughed as she threw her head back.

    "Oh, she looks just like him," Sanit chuckled, catching her breath. "I hope you and Loki are very happy together."