Chapter Nineteen

That night, as Elisabete gave Sanit her dinner, she gasped softly as she felt the necklace slip past the fabric of her dress, revealing itself. She quickly managed to put it back so the emerald was hid but wasn't quick enough to prevent Sanit from seeing it.

"Who gave that to you?" Sanit asked.

"No one, my lady." Elisabete replied.

"You didn't have it when you were this morning? Who gave it to you?" Sanit growled.

"It is getting late and I must attend to the boy." Elisabete told her.

Elisabete walked towards the door as Sanit sat up in her bed and threw her dinner onto the floor. The clatter caused Elisabete to jump as she turned to face Sanit. She was gripping the foot of the bed as a few healers rushed into the room to see what the commotion was.

"Who gave it to you!" Sanit screamed.

Elisabete felt her eyes well with tears as she quickly ran out of the room. She rushed towards the boy's room and wiped her eyes before entering. There, she was surprised to find Loki sitting on the floor next to Faust as he played with his toys. Seeing them together made Elisabete's heart sink in her chest. Just seeing the smile on Loki's face felt like she was being stabbed in the chest. Although the boy was Thor's son, he was innocent and did nothing wrong. He hadn't asked to be born. She watched as Faust played with his toys and Loki simply watched with a smile on his face.

"He'll get too riled up if he doesn't stop before bed." Elisabete spoke up.

Loki turned to look up at Elisabete and beamed as he chuckled softly.

"I hadn't thought of that. He was just so adamant on playing, I didn't want to say no and upset him." Loki explained.

Elisabete nodded her head as she seated herself across from Loki.

"If you want to play with him, you can you know." Elisabete chuckled.

Loki furrowed his brow at her and Elisabete shook her head as she picked up the same dog toy as before and started to join in Faust's game. He was holding two wooden figurines, similar to a king and a queen, and was telling the two of the king's laws and his rule and about his queen and how she was very pretty. When Elisabete had the dog join in, Faust said it was the king and queen's dog. Whenever he acknowledged the dog being there as the king toy, Elisabete barked softly, making Faust laugh by how ridiculous it sounded.

"See? It's easy. You just pick up a toy and play. Didn't you do it as a child?" Elisabete asked.

Loki looked down at the wooden figures and blindly picked one up.

"Now, Faust, who is this in the court?" Elisabete asked.

"A servant." Faust replied.

"So, like me?" Elisabete asked.

"No, you're the queen." Faust giggled.

Elisabete furrowed his brow at him as Faust looked up at Loki.

"And he's the king." Faust stated.

He giggled as he looked down at the wooden figures and played with them. Elisabete and Loki looked up at one another and then back at Faust.

"Faust, I am a maid. There is no queen in Asgard...yet." Elisabete spoke.

"You're a queen here." Faust told her.

"In Asgard?" Elisabete scoffed.

"No. Here, in my room." Faust replied.

"Well, that is very kind of you." Elisabete smiled.