Chapter Seventeen

Elisabete made her way to Sanit's chambers. There, she was ordered to clean it so that when Sanit would return, it would be spotless. She was organizing the letters on her desk and her curiosity got the better of her as her eyes scanned the documents, reading some of what was written on them. Before she could finish the letter, a maid entered the room and ushered Elisabete to follow her next door to the boy's chambers. She spoke to Elisabete of how she was in charge of the boy and Loki had given her the order to tell her.

"It's time for his lunch and he's getting cranky." The maid spoke to her.

Elisabete made her way to the kitchens and picked up his meal. She brought it to the room and opened the door slowly as not to startle the boy. When she walked inside, she saw the small boy playing with a few toys on the floor. She smiled brightly upon seeing him and set down the tray quietly on a table near by. She walked over to him and cleared her throat, making her presence known. The boy immediately turned around and looked up at Elisabete. He furrowed his brow at her, curious of the stranger before him. As she looked on him, she could not help but see the striking similarities the boy had to Loki's brother. Nonetheless, she simply walked over to the boy and sat down beside him. She smiled at him and looked down at his toys.

"Hello, there. I'm Elisabete." She introduced herself.

The boy said nothing and Elisabete chuckled, seeing that he was more interested in his toys.

"I'm the new maid who's going to care for you while my lady is getting better." Elisabete told him.

The boy looked up at Elisabete and grinned. He then directed his attention towards Elisabete and stood up. Elisabete chuckled as she watched him walk towards the table where she had set the food on.

"Oh, you must have smelt it, didn't you?" Elisabete giggled.

"Yeah." The boy replied.

Elisabete followed after him and picked him up into her arms before he reached the table. The boy squirmed in her arms and pushed at her to try and get away.

"It's alright now. I'm not going to harm you. I'm just setting you down." Elisabete told him.

She set him down in his chair and placed the tray of food in front of him. She sat across from him as he ate and she watched him to ensure he did not eat anything too large that he could choke on. She couldn't help but just look at him, admiring his adorable face.

"What is your name?" Elisabete asked.

"Faust." He replied.

"Oh, that's a strong name for a little boy like you." Elisabete spoke to him.

Once he had finished, Elisabete took the napkin and wiped his face of the food, much to his disapproval. She laughed as he swatted at her hands. The boy began to whine and Elisabete huffed as she put the napkin down.

"Would you rather play with your pretty toys than have me clean your face?" Elisabete asked.

Faust nodded his head as he pouted and Elisabete shook her head as she exhaled sharply.

"Alright. You can play." Elisabete spoke.

She lifted him from the chair and once she set him on the floor, he ran towards the toys, making Elisabete laugh as he almost fell. She knelt down on the floor beside him, watching him as he played.

"So, Faust, do you have any brothers or sisters?" Elisabete asked.

"No. Just me." He replied.

"I have an older brother and two younger sisters." Elisabete told him.

The boy said nothing in response to her.