Chapter Twenty-Eight

As the next few days went by, Elisabete found herself getting comfortable in her new lifestyle. However, that did not mean she still didn't like it when others talked about her in ways that weren't true. She did the best she could to ignore them and continue on her day, but their words lingered in the back of her head. Soon enough, Elisabete was in her chambers getting ready for the charity event with her mother and sisters. Elisabete was trying on a few dresses she couldn't decide between and having her mother and sisters as the verdict for which one was better. By the fifth dress, her mother was getting a little irritated.

"Darling, you look wonderful in all these dresses. Just pick one and let's be on our way." Her mother told her.

"You don't understand. I have to look my best and make an impression." Elisabete huffed.

"It's just a dress. Put one on and let's go. Your father and brother are waiting for us." Her mother spoke.

Elisabete sighed and nodded her head as she walked back into the closet. She put on the dress she thought was best and exited the room with her family. She giggled as her father took her hand and spun her around.

"You look beautiful, my daughter." Her father beamed.

"Thank you." Elisabete blushed.

Tadeus wrapped his arm around hers and led her to the throne room as the rest of their family walked before them.

"I am fairly certain that this charity for the education of the poor will only have the richest of the rich in attendance tonight."Tadeus told her softly.

"Yes, but they care about us. They're at a charity event to raise money for the poor." Elisabete said.

"Do you actually think they care? They're just here to appear like they do and when they go home tonight they'll bitch about us and complain that they had to waste a few coins to help benefit the poor." Tadeus explained.

"I know Loki cares and that's all that matters. He can get the guests to listen to him." Elisabete told him.

"I'm sure he can." Tadeus said under his breath.

Her family entered the throne room and Tadeus walked her over to Loki. He thanked Tadeus and kissed Elisabete's cheek as he wrapped his arm around her. The two began walking over to a group of people and Elisabete exhaled sharply upon seeing Fairuza and her family in that group.

"Don't worry. I have it all under control." Loki whispered.

She smiled softly and the two entered the small group. Everyone bowed their heads and Loki thanked them all for coming.

"I am so glad you are all here for this event. It is a subject close to my lady's heart and it is also close to me. I know that tonight you will all surely help the cause and donate." Loki told them all.

"As usual, my family and I will surely make the largest contribution but I hope everyone here can donate and create a combined total larger than that. Last year we raised over a million." Jai commented.

"Hopefully, we can beat that amount," Loki spoke to him. "But, I have been thinking of giving the charity a new face."

Just the look of surprise and anger on their faces made Elisabete try to stifle her smile, but Loki's words made her think and wonder what he could have possibly meant.

"My king, you will find no one better to run this charity than us. We have done so for many years." Giacinta told him.

"And I am thankful for your participation in these efforts, but, neither of you truly understand the lives of the unfortunate." Loki began to explain.