T H R E E

CHAPTER 3

(please vote?) :)

HARRY

I can't make out the face before he strikes again, his knuckles crashing into my jaw. I feel my body unable to react, caught off guard by the sudden attack. I feel my head thumping as I try to push the figure off of me. I gather strength, and swing my elbow, knocking the rigid body over. I quickly get to my knees, and prepare to knock the living crap out of this person before my eyes lock on his face, and I realize who it is.

Louis.

"This is your fucking fault!" He manages to push me away and grab the collar of my shirt. With rage in his eyes, he punches me once more. I back up to the wall, and he breathes heavily as he calms down slightly.

"And you weren't planning on telling me?!" he shouts, and even though I should feel bad, I'm just getting angry.

"It happened yesterday, Louis! And do you really think that I don't know that it's my fault?" I blurt out, and he squints with uncertainty. He never really trusted me after the whole thing with Claire back in California.

"How did it happen?" he asks, his hand on his hip, the other rubbing his eyes with frustration. I'm reminded of the tape, appearing on the screen on my desk. But I can't show that to Louis, it will just be too much for him, like it was for me.

"We were at the benefit, and she left early because I had to meet with a producer," I relive the night, and I ignore the wrenched guilt in my stomach.

"I came home 20 minutes after, and she... was gone." A few seconds pass, and he seems to be waiting for me to continue.

"That's it? You have no other information? Do you know who took her?" I see in his eyes that he is desperate, much like me.

"Zayn Malik," I reveal, and his eyes widen. He takes a few second to process, and his body trembles. His sister has been taken by the man who sexually assaulted her.

"Fuck," his voice breaks and he chokes, but quickly recovers.

"How... did you find out?" I ask him, slightly confused as to how he could know.

"The police, they told me, I was on a plane 20 minutes later," he speaks, and I feel weight lifting off my shoulders. That must mean that the case has been opened.

"You were supposed to protect her," Louis' voice runs low and I feel my parts of my face swelling up.

"I'm fucking hurting too, Louis! Every waking second I feel I'm gonna crumble, knowing she's out there, in danger!" I desperately burst, and his face softens. As much as he wants to be mad, I think he believes me.

The apartment phone rings loudly, and I breathe heavily as I get a bag of chipped ice to hold against the swelling parts of my face. I press it against my skin as I pick up the phone.

"Mr. Styles? We need you at the reception," I hear a voice speak, my confusion spreading again. Can I get one fucking second of peace?

"Wait here," I say loud enough for Louis to hear.

My heart jumps when I see the same police officers from last night, talking with the receptionist. I walk idly up to them, and they turn to me as they see me approach.

"Hello, Mr. Styles." One of them reaches out their hand to me, and I shake it.

"We need you to come with us to the station," he sys, and my heartbeat accelerates. They lead me into their police car and we soon arrive. They take me to the building and into a room... An interrogation room.

"We need to ask you a few questions about the abduction you reported..." He says. I'll do whatever I can to help, but I've already told them all I know.

"Alright, according to your statement, she was abducted around 1130 PM." He recites from his notes, and I nod along with his words.

"Where were you at that time?" he asks, looking up at me with with bland eyes. Why is that important?

"I was on my way home."

"Mhm, okay... Can anyone witness to that?" Some type of feeling grows from my stomach as I start to realize why they are asking these questions.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I whisper intensely, staring at the officer dead in the eye. He squints, his brows furrowing.

"No, we need to question every person involved," he explains calmly, only adding to the fire.

"This is fucking ridiculous!" I sudden burst of energy shoots through me, causing me to jump out of my chair and raise my voice.

"I did not kidnap my own girlfriend, and call it into the police, what are you fucking crazy?! I told you who abducted her!" The officer sighs, obviously having enough of my anger. I've been like this every time he was trying to do his job. But shit, this is crazy.

"Sir, with eighty percent of the abduction cases, someone close is to blame... perhaps even the boyfriend."

"Zayn Malik took her! Why don't you write that fucking name down and start looking for him?" I shut him up and leave the room. They don't have anything on me, so they can't keep me here.

The cold walls follow me as I walk down the hallway, anxious to get home again. I'm trying to think of a place that will take my mind off all of this, but I can't think of anything. I always looked forward to come home, but now I'm dreading it.

Because the only thing that made me love it was because was Claire a part of it. And now she might never be again.

When I get back, I'm surprised to find that Louis has gone. I grab another bag of chipped ice, my head thumping and my face aching. I walk into the bedroom, and take off my clothes, immediately feeling cold. I don't bother to look for a specific brand when I head to my liquor closet. I fill a glass, and sit down on the bed, looking out onto the dying light of New York.

A hope of a new life has been crumbled in less than 24 hours. The last three months have been the absolute best of my life. Seeing her everyday, touching her everyday, connecting with her every day.

We did get a fresh start, and it was refreshing for a relationship to be easy... It wasn't at the beginning, that's for sure. But ever since we moved here, we very rarely fought. We didn't have any problems. And I never thought of potential problems coming from the outside. We were so joined, I rarely thought of anyone else.

Just as the alcohol starts to hit my brain, I hear my phone buzz. Not bothering to check the caller ID, I answer the phone.

"Harry?" The familiar voice rings into my ears.

"Claire!"

A/N

So sorry for the cliffhangers lmao

Did you like this chapter?:)

See you soon love you xx