F O U R T Y F O U R

CHAPTER 44

HARRY

"Oh my god," Yang sighs, leaning back in her chair. She closes her eyes for a second, and I can feel the thick tension in the room.

"Alright, do you know where she met him? Do you have any idea where she could be?" She asks, already typing something into her computer.

"No," I shake my head, and she looks up at me.

"Well what do you expect me to do?" She exhales, taking her fingers off the keyboard. I can hear Niall breathe heavily behind me, and I notice him sitting down on a chair in the corner of the room.

"All my fault," he whispers to himself, burying his face in his hands.

"Is there any way to track her phone? She brought it with her," I breathe, placing my hands on the desk, leaning on it. I don't have the strength to stand up on my own, my muscles are weakening by the second.

"Maybe... If the phone is communicating with a cell tower, we can track it," She nods along with her sentence, making my heart race. I recite her number from my memory, and Yang types it into her computer.

I stare intently into her eyes, as they focus heavily on the screen, not even blinking. I see the screen brightening in the reflection of her eyes, and my heart jumps when a confident smile spreads on her face.

"Ok, there were two connections with a cell tower since you saw her last, Niall," she turns to Niall, and he gets up from the chair, his lips parting.

"Where," he demands, moving closer to the desk.

"Hang on," she stresses, putting her palm in the air. Her body quickens, her intense stare almost frightening me. Her eyes move to every corner of the screen, as she quickly moves her finger on the mousepad. She clicks once, waiting a few seconds.

"Riverside Park," she reveals, and my throat tightens. I get behind the desk, looking at the screen. It displays a satellite map of New York city, a dot red as blood placed on the green area.

"Well, where's the second connection?!" I say, my breaths getting heavier.

"It was... compromised," Yang says.

"What do you mean compromised?" I breathe, my heart beating like it never has before.

"It doesn't give an exact location," Yang shakes her head, and right when I think it's gonna be alright, my heart drops again, never reaching the ground.

"But..." Yang suddenly starts.

"But what?!"

"Maybe we can repair the connection," she reveals, already opening a coding terminal. I notice my heart start racing again, and I'm reminded of what happened last time I felt so uneasy. I had just had all my hopes crushed in a matter of seconds. I back away from the computer, and I sit down in the chair Niall was sitting down on before.

"It will take a few hours, though," Yang's voice is restless, and I block out every sound in the room to take a deep breath, trying my best to calm myself.

"This may not be her location, Harry. She could've made a connection and then went on to be taken somewhere else. But it's worth a shot," she continues, turning to me across the room.

"I don't have the exact location yet, but I can find a vague area of the connection," she mutters, typing something quickly then clicking the mousepad. The printer beside her starts up, printing an image.

"Here," she gets up from her chair, taking the paper out of the printer. She walks past Niall, and hands it to me.

 She walks past Niall, and hands it to me