F O U R T E E N

CHAPTER 14

*24 hours earlier*

CLAIRE

"Alright, that's it Claire, you leave me no choice." Zayn spits, an enraged look on his face.

I was so close. I was so close to getting away from him.

He lifts me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I could fall back into insanity any second, and I have to stay focused on staying awake. Who knows what I might do if I have another episode?

I hate Zayn, I hate Zayn, I hate Zayn.

My stomach growls from hunger and my heart races with fear. "You leave me no choice." What does that mean?

He carries me back into the office, and throws me down. I jump slightly when he turns around, shouting into the corner as he kicks the wooden wall. A panicked thought appears in my head as I notice myself lose grip with reality.

"No, no, no!" he chants, his palms clenching together in fists.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Zayn's mad... at me? I don't want him to be mad at me.

"You hate me," he sobs, crumbling to his knees. A few tears fall as I get close, putting my hand on the side of his face. He looks up at me with a distraught face, his stubble brushing against my palm.

"No I don't, I love you!" I raise my voice, pressing my forehead to his. Why doesn't he believe me? I love him! I love him! I love him!

"You love Harry," he shakes his head along with his words, and his tears run down on my hand. What will make him feel better? Huh? I don't know, but oh! I wake up. No... Hm. What?

My lips press against his, and I put my legs on either side of him. I sit down on his lap facing him, looking him deep in his eyes.

"You feel that?" I take his hand and put it on my chest, right above my heart.

"It beats for you. Only you, Zayn." I see a hint of comfort in his eyes, and a weak smile appear on his face. He looks up at me, and puts his arms around me, embracing me in a hug. Oh, his arms feel so good. I inhale deeply as I feel his heart pressed against mine, warming my entire body.

"I believe you. Which is why this is so sad." He says, and I get confused. He releases me and backs up, looking at me directly. He puts his hand on my jaw, his thumb stroking my cheek.

"Why?" I ask, with a tense voice.

"Because... I have to kill you."

"Write it down," he says, pointing down on the piece of paper. I look up at him, tears streaming down my face. I don't want to die.

"Please Zayn, I thought you loved me," I beg, reaching out for him. The lights are dim, the air heavy. He exhales, handing me a pen.

"I do," he says with a gentle smile.

"But I have to kill you to get what I want, precious," he says, and I'm reminded of the whole ordeal. He has a goal with all of this, but what?

"Write the will Claire, for me," he tells me, and I melt as he leans down and kisses me. Ah, I'll do anything for him. I take the pencil out of his hand and lean down over the paper. And right before I start to write, I wake up. I look up at Zayn who offers a comforting smile, and I play it cool.

*Every property and fund of mine will be left for Louis Tomlinson, my brother.*

I write, a tear falling when I realize this is my last hour. I could give it all to Harry, but something tells me it would be too hard for him to deal with all of that. I don't want his grieving process be any longer than necessary. I press the pencil against the paper again, when I think about one thing I want Harry to have.