F O U R T Y S E V E N

CHAPTER 47

CLAIRE

There are moments.

Moments where the sheer reality takes your breath away.

Knocks it right out of your chest.

Time is made still, and you feel yourself solidify in a matter of seconds.

I'm seeing his face for the first time, it feels like. It feels like I haven't looked upon his face ever since that party in New York, where I left early and Harry had to stay behind. My eyes melt into his the moment his face appears, after the doors fall heavily on the floor, dissolving on the floor.

When I regained my first memory of him at our apartment, I knew I loved him.

Of course I love him.

I love him so much it hurts to think about the time when I didn't. When all I could see was the bad in him. I spent so much time trying to understand why he went to the measures he went to to keep me safe. And in the instant I remembered him, and all we went through together, I understood.

It wasn't a question on whether I would fall in love with him again or not. When I finally became myself again, I was already in love. I want him. I need him. I love him.

My heart is pounding and I'm mentally pinching myself to make sure that I'm seeing his face. But seeing his face also makes me face all of the times when I hurt him. I have created so many tears in his heart that I don't know how I will ever forgive myself.

I want to run to him. I want to feel his arms around me, and I want to hang onto his neck forever. I want to finally reunite with him, I want to feel his lips on mine so desperately. To see his eyes, remembering all of the times we have spent together... My whole being is desperate to be united with his again.

But all of those thoughts melt away when I'm brought back to reality. Zayn turns around in an instant, keeping the aim on my head.

"Harry!" I shout, my throat drying within seconds. His eyes glare at me, shifting between me and Zayn. I see his whole body freeze when he notices what Zayn has pointed right at me.

It doesn't take long for him to pull something out of the pocket of his coat... a gun.

"Well well well," Zayn smiles, walking to me. He grabs my neck, hoisting me up from the ground. Harry's eyes widen, and aims the gun right at Zayn, ready to fire.

"I wouldn't do that," Zayn says, placing the head of the gun against my temple, sending shivers down my spine.

"Claire," Harry breathes, and I notice a certain blonde boy appearing from behind him.

"Claire!" Niall cries, stopping himself from running to me. Zayn will shoot me if they get too close. Niall's obviously out of his mind, as I see hear his desperate breaths, his failing position and his intense insecurity. He must be nervous for Zayn telling me all that he did. But he already told me. I know everything.

"Niall! Great, come join the show!" Zayn swings his elbow, as he presses the hard cold metal against me.

"Let her go Zayn," Harry speaks, sharpening his aim, his strong arms steady as rock.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Zayn shakes his head, and kisses my ear. It causes Harry to flinch, and his eyes fill with anger.

I realize that this is the first time Harry has faced Zayn ever since we first met him at the restaurant 5 months ago. And by the looks of it, he is absolutely furious.